Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411521 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 05:37:57 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallHipercubo
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Hipercubo  (Read 3031 times)
rsodre
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: January 21, 2010, 10:07:24 AM »

Hello!

I'd like to introduce my new iPhone game called Hipercubo, a puzzle game inside a Hypercube, a 4-dimensional cube.

I just released some bonus footage, from the Full Screen "Art" mode, where you can deconstruct the Hypercube model with the device's accelerometer.

If we could stretch a cube into a 4th spatial dimension, it would become 8 cubes. The game takes place inside those 8 cubes.
You will need to turn, twist and fold it inside out to bring the desired color cubes to the center, avoiding obstacles, searching for powers and keys to locked cubes.

The game makes us think about higher dimensions and how our universe is structured, being finite in space, but unbounded. You can run trough the 8 cubes forever and never reach the end, just like an ant on the surface of a balloon.

The game won the 2009 NAVE Awards for Best Mobile Game, on the Brazilian Independent Games Festival held in Rio de Janeiro last november.

Game website:
http://www.hipercubo.mobi/

Game teaser footage (this is a little outdated, the official game trailer will be available soon):

AppStore link:
http://itunes.com/apps/Hipercubo

Free download with 20 levels (limited time offer!!!).
Upgrade in-app to unlock all 56 levels.

Developed by Studio Avante
Sound Fx by cromo.sônica.

Cheers!

Roger
« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 07:43:49 PM by rsodre » Logged
Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2010, 12:20:35 PM »

Does it annoy anyone else when people do the "New Indie Game:" thing? It's like it's a genre or something.

Zaratustra
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2010, 12:43:38 PM »

From thread start to a discussion on what indie games are in two posts. A new record!

Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2010, 12:55:20 PM »

FUCK YEAH

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2010, 01:06:26 PM »

I dunno, it's just a really bad way to draw attention to your game.

"Holy shit, finally a new indie game, it's already been like 3 hours since the last one came out!"
Alec
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2010, 01:26:51 PM »

I'm waiting for a "Nude Indie Game" post...  Cool

MaloEspada
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2010, 01:43:40 PM »

I hate it when people register and their first post is advertising their game.
No respect for the community at all : (
TheDustin
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2010, 02:00:20 PM »

It's like a door to door salesman that doesn't even bother to knock, they just burst in Zelda style whoring their wares.
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2010, 02:18:27 PM »

YOU ARE ALL EDUCATED RETARDED
HYPERCUBE
4 SIMULTANEOUS DAYS
PROJECTED ON A CUBE OVER THE EARTH
I'LL BE THE LAST ONE LAUGHING

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
rsodre
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2010, 07:52:21 PM »

You're right on the new indie game thing.
People should be more careful when copy+pasting...
So yes, I edited the subject.

Anybody noticed a game?
John Nesky
Level 10

aka shaktool

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2010, 08:10:20 PM »

I tried it a couple days ago. I liked it a lot until I got stuck at challenge 11.
Lime
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2010, 06:29:10 AM »

I tried it a couple days ago. I liked it a lot until I got stuck at challenge 11.
That's the bad thing about puzzle games.

That's how the game goes,
That's how the lime rolls.
goldbuick
Level 1

where am I?

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2010, 10:41:12 PM »

It's repeatedly crashing on me Sad
I tried restarting my iphone too

Application Specific Information:
com.studioavante.hipercubo failed to launch in time
elapsed total CPU time (seconds): 19.120 (user 16.400, system 2.720), 95% CPU
elapsed application CPU time (seconds): 16.890, 84% CPU

--== AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ==--
Loren Schmidt
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2010, 11:51:03 PM »

Hi rsodre- welcome to the boards. People don't really like it when you promote your game with your first post... why not go here and introduce yourself first? People will be happy to look at your games once you've spent some time around the boards and gotten to know people.
http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=45.3165

The game itself is pretty interesting. The transition effects feel really nice, and help a lot in visualizing what's going on. I think your tutorial does a really great job of explaining how the hypercube is put together, and what the relationships between the different components are. I think that if you ended the game after the tutorial, it would be a wonderful piece of educational software. I'll be hanging on to 'Hipercubo' because of that.

You obviously have high quality standards, and I would be doing you a disservice if I didn't point out the negative side of my reaction along with the positive. I think your presentation and controls are a great foundation, but the play itself falls short of them. The 3d equivalent of the gameplay would be "walk along the surface of the cube to the face with the specified color." Hypercubes are beautiful- I think you could do more with them than simply ask people to move through the volume to a specified location. I like the fact that you're trying to make an extremely simple, intuitive game. Maybe you could come up with a different, equally clean type of gameplay which has more depth to it?

I know you've already put a lot of work into making this, and this feedback comes very late in the process. But I do feel that the basic gameplay is the problem here. I hope that comes across as helpful, I don't mean to sound negative.

Best wishes!
rsodre
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2010, 06:35:40 AM »

Thank for the comments, Sparky!
The simple cube/faces gameplay was on my plans, but had to drop it because I had to move on.
And the gameplay will get a more interesting after level 16, but I understand what you say. I also tought about doing several mini-games with different gameplay, instead of several levels of the same. Maybe on H2...

And I'll intruduce myself, sorry to come in like this...

goldbrick, I'm sad to hear that, what hardware do you own?
I'll try to investigate...
goldbuick
Level 1

where am I?

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2010, 08:03:59 PM »

I have an iPhone 3G

For whatever reason applicationDidFinishLaunching is taking to long to execute, so the OS is killing the process ...

--== AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ==--
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic