Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411281 Posts in 69324 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 08:39:00 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesLeague of Legends
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 215
Print
Author Topic: League of Legends  (Read 307470 times)
im9today
« on: January 23, 2010, 10:56:06 AM »

« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 10:52:09 AM by im9today » Logged
X3N
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2010, 11:11:47 PM »

Did you mean free to play, or fee to play?  Noir

destiny is truth pre-op
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2010, 11:26:39 PM »

it's free but it costs money to buy extra characters and such

i played this a while back, me and evajolli and mr podunkian would play it often. it's a pretty good dota clone, but, i got bored of it after a week or two. maybe after they have more maps than 2 i'll go back to it and try it some more, but only 2 maps makes every battle feel the same.

trivia: i met the developers of the game on ventrilo and played their own game with them, one of them was even a fan of immortal defense, which amazed me.

it also has a funny abbreviation: lol

PGGB
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2010, 02:46:13 AM »

What's a "MOBA"?
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2010, 03:02:00 AM »

http://mobagamers.com/

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2010, 03:09:34 AM »

What's a "MOBA"?
From what I could discern from his post, a "MOBA" is a DOTA-like (holy shit, that sounds dumb).

Anyway, yeah, I play this from time to time. It's fun, but as Paul said, the lack of maps makes things get repetitive quickly. I really like the payment model though, because, in my experience at least, paying players don't have significant advantages over free players in battle. It also has a very nice tutorial and a practice mode against bots, which is something more online multiplayer games, both free and paid, should have.
PGGB
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2010, 03:25:50 AM »

Thanks, kind of a dumb acronym imo.
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2010, 03:39:53 AM »

i think they'll continue to be called 'dota-clones' more often, at least for a while. 'doom-clone' was the more common name for fps's for a long time too.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2010, 04:02:22 AM »

I remember the word "Doomlike" being used in computer magazines in the mid and occasionally even late 90's. Roguelike is pretty much the only genre that's never evolved beyond the "like" status, name-wise.  Cheesy
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2010, 05:04:56 AM »

same with zeldalike and metroidvania

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2010, 05:47:28 AM »

I don't think there are enough noteworthy Zelda clones for it to be called a "genre", and most of them don't seem to m)ess with the formula too much. Metroidvania is only now starting to become a genre thanks to the indie scene.  Wink

Which leads us to the question of what consitutes a genre...
Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2010, 08:27:51 AM »

Please don't start this.

gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2010, 09:08:16 AM »

Please don't start this.

Too late  Evil mwhahahaha

Which leads us to the question of what consitutes a genre...

share traits and attribute  i think Gentleman ... The problem is more about the definition of EACH genre where historical tradition and abstract structure fight each other. Undecided in my opinion everybody is right as the way genre get their name is especially convoluted...
But at least this kind of discussion push people to challenge their knowledge and boundaries of any specific genre.

Quote from:  Usual zelda classification battle

Zelda is an RPG, right? RIGHT?  Lips Sealed come on it share the tropes and the settings!
Zelda is an adventure game!  Gentleman It has the same structure of lock and key as monkey island .
NO! Zelda is as action game! You brawl through a series of ennemy until you meet gating boss!  Ninja
>(the 2 others stare at the ninja)>  My Word! Who, Me? "are you KIDDING?"

Genre definition is the lousiest of definition battle Big Laff

Do you agree with me?  Huh?

supershigi
Level 7

No Yoshi is an Island

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2010, 11:34:32 AM »

At first I was kind of excited to hear about this game because people said it was "DoTA without the bad community"... but I just couldn't get into it.  At some point we were playing every Monday because a bunch of our friends had been trying to get us to play, but I always go back to DoTA... it's more exciting to me, although the community does suck Sad

Laura Shigihara | Composer and Game Designer
Facebook | Youtube | Twitter
KennEH!
Level 10

"What, me worry!?!"

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2010, 10:01:18 AM »

I just started playing this game about two weeks ago, and I think it's great. The weekly character rotation allows me not to get bored, having to learn someone new and figure out their strategy. I'm actually tempted to never buy the game and just go through rotations.

I also quite like the community, the only reason I didn't pick up Dota is because how much people cared about the game. Not a bad thing usually, but when passion turns into booting someone as soon as it's known that player is new, that goes way too far.

I don't understand the complaining about maps, doesn't Dota only have one map? The fact there is at least two to play really says something. Plus the game is in open beta, so that leaves still a while for them to get more made.

Can't say much of their other competitor, Heroes of Newerth, because I was not able to get my hands on a beta key (unless someone here would be kind enough).

Madness takes its toll please have exact change.
battlerager
Level 10

I resent that statement.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2010, 10:44:12 AM »

I was not able to get my hands on a beta key (unless someone here would be kind enough).
I am!

I got like 3 left.  Smiley
KennEH!
Level 10

"What, me worry!?!"

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2010, 10:45:32 AM »

I was not able to get my hands on a beta key (unless someone here would be kind enough).
I am!

ILU <3

Madness takes its toll please have exact change.
battlerager
Level 10

I resent that statement.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2010, 10:47:28 AM »

I am!

ILU <3
Just tell me what adress I should send it to in a PM, so that I can invite you and sell your email adress to Spammers.  Wizard
davidp
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2010, 12:35:27 AM »

hell yea, i'm playing. awesome game.

level 8, i'm playing for like a week or so, but got some experience from dota (played it for like 3 years or so).

nick: dejvidpi

Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2010, 08:26:28 AM »

I always liked to call the AoS clones. Sounds better than MOBA.

I dont enjoy this games much anyway. I prefer dedicated hero arenas or starteigc or tactical games.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 215
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic