Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411489 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 03:10:49 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsGAMMA (Moderator: fish)Reap
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Reap  (Read 3135 times)
tyronehenrie
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« on: January 23, 2010, 06:38:58 PM »

Hey all. First-time game developer here with my first-time game. I'm calling it "Reap" which is better than my original name "Ortho and Omega".

I've been shunning my freelance work in order to get this done. Let's hope my finances can hold out for one more week! Gentleman Can't wait to see all the gamma games.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 07:35:54 PM by tyronehenrie » Logged

tyronehenrie
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2010, 01:59:54 PM »

Man, judging by some of the posts here this competition will be a bloodbath  Evil

You people make some amazing stuff.

My original image is pretty lame, so I figured I would throw up a few non-spoiler screens of the "final" product.

Delaney
Level 0

I don't have to put up with this shabby crap!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2010, 11:55:33 AM »

Looks cool! What's the basic idea behind the gameplay?

Check out the rest of my shizz at <br />http://www.throughyourwindow.blogspot.com
tyronehenrie
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2010, 03:49:36 PM »

Its a platformer that is basically a take on life. I tried to depict the exhilaration of achieving long-term goals and the despair of failure. I tried to keep it as abstract as possible so more people can identify with it even though we may not share ideals.

The hardest part was to do that in 5 minutes, which I'm not sure if it comes across, I didn't have any time to playtest and balance. I had to leave a lot of stuff on the cutting room floor, as I'm sure everyone did.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic