Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411489 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 04:02:55 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingDinowaurs
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Dinowaurs  (Read 21803 times)
torncanvas
Level 0

Go Team Venture!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2008, 12:29:03 PM »

Thanks for the input.  Glad you agree about the sans serif fonts.  I forgot to mention that several things in there are placeholders...but it's good to hear input on everything, anyway.  Keep it comin'.

Also, instead of only having the gold counting up in the top left, we'll most likely have some sort of numbers popping up from the villages or something to show that the villages are directly producing resources.  Would that take away from the immersion too much?  Any other suggestions?

Here's the aircraft carrier:
http://www.intuitiongames.com/images/Dinowaurs_aircraft_carrier.jpg
« Last Edit: March 09, 2008, 12:30:42 PM by torncanvas » Logged

Intuition Games
@torncanvas on twitter
fish
DOOMERANG
Level 10

cant spell selfish without fish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2008, 05:20:45 PM »

i say scratch everything, and remake everything in fill 100% claymation.
like some neverhood game.

that model is just too cool.

Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2008, 07:54:31 AM »

Add a carrot blaster. It shoots carrots, that are powerful if they hit, but if they miss, the enemy might eat them :O

Ted
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2008, 08:39:45 AM »

i say scratch everything, and remake everything in fill 100% claymation.
like some neverhood game.

that model is just too cool.

Hey Phil, yeah that would be awesome. Dinowaurs: ClayFighter.  It would take millions of years to develop though, and humans would be extinct before we finished.  The stegosaurus sculpture took me awhile to make.

'Tis my first post by the way.  I'm Ted Martens, and I'm working on the game too. 

Dinowaurs: ClayFighter.  Release date Summer of 65,002,008 A.D.  Email me and give me your cash to preorder your copy. (edit: that was supposed to be funny but it was in fact lame, so I buhleted it)
« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 10:31:25 PM by savethedinosaurs » Logged

Lim-Dul
Level 1

The Necromancer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2008, 11:11:13 AM »

Holy macaroni! Is the stegosaurus model really made out of clay? Mewants something like that! You could sell miniatures or action figures of your dinosaurs (making a mold out of a finished model wouldn't be too hard, would it?). The stegosaurus is cute and menacing at the same time. =)

By the way - I noticed that your apatosaurus is called brontosaurus - what is your stance on the classification of dinosaurs considering the recent debates surrounding projects like Jetpack Brontosaurus (who is an apatosaurus NAMED Brontosaurus ^^).

War does not determine who is right - only who is left. - Bertrand Russell
torncanvas
Level 0

Go Team Venture!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2008, 12:39:42 PM »

Levi is made out of sculpey, which is a crafting material like clay.  We'd love to have some model dinos, too. Smiley  Hopefully someday soon...

Our stance is that the brontosaurus existed during our childhood because we believed in the brontosaurus, and thus it flourished as a happy member of the dinosaur family.  But eventually, we grew up and stopped believing in things.  Thus, the brontosaurus ceased to live in our hearts and died.

Believe and save the brontosaurus!  "You can do it, Peter!"

Here's a small background update.  FYI, this is in low-quality mode.

Intuition Games
@torncanvas on twitter
the_depraved
Level 1

Smile like a donut.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2008, 02:03:33 PM »

I have a suggestion:

make the dinosaurs have different colors (corresponding with their team), so it's not confusing as to who's on who's team.

up down left right upper cut.
fucrate
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2008, 01:30:56 PM »

Add a carrot blaster. It shoots carrots, that are powerful if they hit, but if they miss, the enemy might eat them :O

It's funny that you mention carrots, as one of our initial ideas was to use a physical control system for the dinos that had the player spawning and then throwing carrots to make the dinos run after them.  You could consider it a critique on the modern state of game development practices, but we're not really that smart.
aeiowu
Level 10

Greg Wohlwend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2009, 07:44:08 PM »

you guys can play the beta here if you want: www.kongregate.com/games/intuition/dinowaurs-beta

more dinowaurs stuff: www.dinowaurs.com and.. the FAQ if you're getting beat down: www.dinowaurs.com/faq

Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2009, 12:30:50 AM »

The game is awesome!  I really like how the weapons look on the back of the dinosaurs (especially the more ridiculous ones like the castle and the ship). 

Someone earlier was mentioning carnivorous dinosaurs like Raptors.  I think if you do incorporate carnivorous dinosaurs, they shouldn't be playable, since I like the idea of herbivorous dinosaurs not entirely sure what they're doing, but should instead be some sort of special event or ability (like the super-powerful weapons in Worms that you can only use once or twice in a game) where you bring in some Raptors or a T. Rex to fight on your side.

Keep up the awesome work!

Fuzz
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2009, 01:09:14 AM »

I just tried it out and it looks really good so far.
torncanvas
Level 0

Go Team Venture!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2009, 01:11:57 AM »

Much appreciated. Smiley  Good call with the carnivorous-special-event idea, too.

Intuition Games
@torncanvas on twitter
Dugan
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2009, 01:08:59 PM »

Do you have any suggestions for weapons?

super-fantastic-model-dino!  this old board game might give you some fun ideas for weapons n stuff - GAMMARAUDERS (http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/4374).

Blip the teleporturtle was my favourite  Grin

torncanvas
Level 0

Go Team Venture!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2009, 02:05:09 PM »

Hahaha, thanks for the link, that looks awesome.  Gentleman

Intuition Games
@torncanvas on twitter
godsavant
« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2009, 10:30:57 AM »

When it comes to dinosaurs, who the hell needs weapons?

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic