Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 27, 2024, 08:09:00 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallGalaxia Chronicles Demo
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Galaxia Chronicles Demo  (Read 1409 times)
madebynewt
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: January 28, 2010, 03:07:54 AM »

------------------------------------------------
1. DEVELOPER INFORMATION

Demo Download: http://www.galaxiachronicles.com/demo/GCDEMO_Setup.exe
2. STORY

Maxx is your normal 8 year old boy.
Growing up in an orphanage, he never knew who
he really was.
One night, Maxx misteriously fell asleep in the beach
near the orphanag. Waking up in the middle
of the night, Maxx decides to run home when
he is abducted by strange aliens.

There he finds out part of who he is,
and why he is very important to the future of
the world.

But things don't go as planned, when the UFO
that abducted Maxx is attacked by an evil
race of Aliens, The Siris!

Now Maxx finds himself stranded in a distant
world called Galaxia, known as the Birth Place of the Universe.

Maxx must find courage, strenght and power
within himself to unlock the key to saving the world
and ultimatly, his way home.

3. CONTROLS

When first launching Galaxia Chronicles, you are asked wether you want to use Keyboard or Joystick.

Left/Right Arrow Keys: Walk left and right.

Double Tap Left/Right Arrow Keys: Run left and right.

Holding Down Arrow Key: Duck.

Down Arrow Key + CTRL: Crawl Stop.

Left/Right Arrow Keys with Crawling: Maxx Crawls left and right.

P: Pause Window. Access HELP, StATUS, RESTART GAME

Z: Maxx's Punch Attack, hit it in sequence to perform different attacks.

CTRL: Jump.

CTRL + Z: Backflip Ha! Attack

A: Access Magic Attack Menu

When Swimming press A: Stride

Left/Right Arrow Keys + C: Push Blocks left and right.

4. TIPS

*** To reach difficult areas, Run and Jump!

*** There are hidden rooms in certain areas!! Make sure you find them all!!!

*** Collect as many Galaxian Crystals as possible!!! They will make Maxx stronger and will help you defeat the game!

*** Defeating enemies, also make you stronger, as well as give you wisdom points!!! You'll level up faster, and learn new magical attacks

CLOSING COMMENTS

Thank you for for playing Galaxia Chronicles - Demo!

Craig Stern
Level 10

I'm not actually all that stern.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2010, 01:19:38 PM »

Oh My God Make The Intro Music Video Stop Please Oh God Oh G--oh, it just stopped. Thank you Jesus.

[approximately 10 minutes later]

Okay, so, having now played through level 1-2, I have the following critiques for you:

1) You should rethink the control scheme. Ctrl to jump and Z to punch is really inconvenient. I habitually keep my ring finger on Z, which means I'm using my pinky finger to jump. Not a good setup for a game that requires precise platforming. I'd recommend changing those keys to Z and X.

2) You should rethink the movement physics. Maxx's movement is really cumbersome and unintuitive. He starts moving much too slowly, and then quickly accelerates to absurd speeds. He isn't supposed to run unless I double-tap an arrow key, right? Well, as it is now, if I just hold down an arrow key, he walks for about a second and then takes off at a sprint. This makes him incredibly hard to control.

3) You should rethink the floating platforms. It's particularly annoying that he can't jump up through them, since there are so many of them overhead, close to the ground. Honestly, I'm not entirely sure why you have half of these platforms to begin with, since the way they're placed, they don't really allow Maxx to bypass many obstacles that he would face on the ground.

4) Maxx can't die. I've gotten him to zero health, and he just keeps going. Right now I have him hanging out at the bottom of a pit of spikes, the top of his head bobbing along as he runs back and forth, unable to escape. You should probably fix that.

5) Did I mention the music video intro? For the love of all things holy, if you want anyone to actually try your game, get rid of it! (Or at least make it so that hitting Enter, Esc, or Space skips the thing.) Seriously. It's pretty embarrassing.

Anyway, sorry if this sounded harsh. The idea isn't bad: it reminds me a little of Donkey Kong Country. You just have to work on the details that make it an enjoyable player experience.

deathtotheweird
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2010, 12:01:02 AM »

You can skip the intro (thank god) by pressing space. I used a joypad so the control configuration felt fine. Yet the controls themselves were too slippery and floaty, didn't allow for much precision.

Everything about the game feels childlike so if you're going for that type of audience the game seems fine. The demo was pretty easy and the music intro and dialogue were very cheesy but I could see how that would appeal to kids.

I also experienced the no death bug. He can die at the boss and when he falls to the bottom of the levels, but not any other way. Also there should be a better way to indicate that on some parts if you fall you'll die, because it's hard to tell sometimes.
madebynewt
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2010, 10:15:46 AM »

The bug where he cannot die, has been fixed. I had deactivated it for testing purposes and forgot to activate it.

You can skip the intro easily. As far as cheesiness, yes the game is for the younger audience. Smiley

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic