Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411515 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 27, 2024, 03:57:36 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallAF 337
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: AF 337  (Read 1274 times)
dariusk
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: January 28, 2010, 10:45:30 AM »

Hey everyone! I'm kinda nervous, this is my first time posting a game here on TIGSource. (Or even starting a topic, I think!)

I was on a long flight the other day and got bored, so I made a little thing in Game Maker, inspired by Robotron and Everyday Shooter. I used some music and sfx from the Assemblee compo, in particular Atuun’s song Nes1, and Shaktool’s sound fx (ouch_1 and yoink). I’m also using Anna Anthropy’s Star Perv font.

The art (yeesh) and programming are by me. I finished the gameplay in the three hours on the plane. I added the sound and music when I got to my hotel.

It's really simple, but strangely kind of addicting! (Probably because of the stats? I love maxing stats.)

AF 337

Destral
Level 10

Climbing that mountain...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2010, 01:58:28 PM »

Pretty fun and hectic! The music gives the game a good vibe too, although the volume might be a little low. Have you considered USB gamepad controls? It took me a little while to get used to the controls. Not bad at all for 3 hours on a plane!

Currently working on: Sword Surfer
dariusk
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2010, 02:24:34 PM »

Thanks! I was planning on adding gamepad controls once I get home and have access to a gamepad.

I'll probably bring the volume up in the gamepad version too. Good suggestions both!

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic