Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 06:25:00 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsOffering Paid WorkThree Rings Design in San Francisco - UI Designer
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Three Rings Design in San Francisco - UI Designer  (Read 5457 times)
Nick OOO
Level 0

Lead Designer, Three Rings

View Profile WWW
« on: January 30, 2010, 12:10:04 PM »

Three Rings, a San Francisco-based independent game developer and creator of Puzzle Pirates, is seeking a User Interface Designer for our games.

Our goal at Three Rings is the creation of truly innovative and engaging games. Part of our challenge is to provide users with an effective introduction to the rich and sometimes subtle features included in the environments we create. For a game to be a success, users must immediately grasp how they can have fun playing in these environments. We hope to add someone to our team that truly enjoys games and understands how to make those games accessible to both avid game players and more casual users less familiar with standard game conventions. We believe we offer the opportunity to truly innovate in this area; our games range from large, stand alone MMOs to smaller, simpler games intended for more rapid deployment.

We are currently looking for an individual with a strong background in user interface/user experience design to help us solve this exciting and interesting problem.

* Be experienced in the design of quality user interfaces, with a demonstrable portfolio of strong work
    * Be able to provide effective support to the artists and engineers work on projects of both sorts
    * Understand the procedures needed to conduct A/B tests and otherwise validate assumptions about the user experience
    * Be able to lead, assimilate and respond to user behavior metrics and usability tests
    * Have the technical experience necessary to produce wireframes to full designs

Ideally, candidates will:

* Have experience creating user interfaces for downloadable and/or browser-based games
    * Possess contemporary web development skills, including graphic design, Flash and HTML/CSS

Why Join Three Rings?

* You will have the opportunity to work in a collaborative and open setting with some jolly smart people and a minimum of bureaucracy.
    * The work environment at our San Francisco offices is hip and comfortable (http://www.wired.com/culture/design/multimedia/2007/06/gallery_nemo_office).
    * Salary, stock options, full health and dental benefits, a generous vacation plan, and participation in profit-sharing.

Application Process

Applicants are welcome to submit their resume in plain text format or pdf to [email protected] with the subject line including "UI Designer". Please include a link to an online portfolio of work, and do not include images or another large attachments to your email. You can find out more about Three Rings and our line of games at ThreeRings.net.

No recruiters, please, candidates only.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 01:03:27 PM by Nick OOO » Logged
Dataflashsabot
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2010, 12:31:12 PM »

Could you at least introduce yourself before posting three different topics that could easily be combined into one? :/
Kren
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2010, 12:55:30 PM »

the link doesnt work Sad
Nick OOO
Level 0

Lead Designer, Three Rings

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2010, 01:05:28 PM »

Fixed the link, thanks for pointing that out.
medieval
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2010, 01:15:43 PM »

So you have a job for everyone, which will eventually lead to you not having to do anything.

The scenario sounds so familiar.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2010, 01:24:58 PM »

Also why make three seperate threads? It's a waste of space.
Kren
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2010, 01:29:06 PM »

I see no problem with the three threads <.<... sounds like a great place to work.. just see those steampunk offices, so lovely. :D.
Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2010, 03:01:26 PM »

No, I think Nick did it fine - three separate threads for three separate jobs seems reasonable to me.  Actually, he sent me an email about this which led me to look into creating the Jobs board in the first place.
c-foo peng
Level 3

game chef

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2010, 03:26:59 PM »

Urr... these guys are a fairly reputable larger scale casual games company guys... no need to immediatly assume everyone is making the next Flytrap.   

Shade Jackrabbit
Level 10

TIME RANGER

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2010, 04:31:02 PM »

Yeah, these guys did Puzzle Pirates.

I think that's like the one MMO I actually spent any time on.  Smiley

["Thread Reader" - Read a thread.]
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2010, 08:43:49 AM »

Looks like I showed myself up. Talk about kneejerk reactions.  Embarrassed  Cheesy
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic