Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 12:42:42 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsHiddenThe DromeValley of the DeadUnpaid WorkCollab Hook-Up Thread.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Collab Hook-Up Thread.  (Read 12973 times)
gunmaggot
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2010, 04:31:04 AM »

I can do good art stuff, am good at coming up with cool game hooks, and am neck deep in making my first game in Game Maker (it's a platform-shooter that's sort of a cross between Thexder, Bangai-o and a roguelike).  I'm a terrible programmer, but I've managed to throw together a very basic game engine out of generously donated organs.  If someone familiar with Game Maker would like to relieve me of my coding duties and join me as a full partner, you would be my hero.

EDIT:  Stargoat, I just PMed you.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 05:10:28 AM by gunmaggot » Logged
hyperduck
Level 10

Music and Noises

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2010, 01:43:39 PM »

I am a soundtrack composer and a novice sound designer, I'd like to work with a development team on something that is quite powerful and inspiring. Much like a few others, I am not avail to work until June+.

However, when the time comes around I will be diving into work, so anything rather substantial is best to contact me with as soon as there is something really solid, or at least tasty looking concept art! Eager beaver.. well.. duck.

Jo-o
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2010, 11:36:29 AM »

hey anybody will give a try on this one http://forums.braingaleteam.com/index.php?topic=159 ?

Sos
Level 8

I make bad games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2010, 02:55:33 PM »

I'm a programmer. I can work with anything that has at least some scraps of documentation. I can do C,C++,PHP,Javascript ( currently working on a platformer engine for this). I had some great time using allegro for 2D, GL and Glide (3dfx, hell yeah!) for 3D.

I can also do C64 games in asm, and since I just got one after a long period of not having one, I'm looking forward to making one. oh, and I make these on an actual C64 machine, not that I think that writing C64 gams on PC is lame, it's just easier.

I can do music pretty well using FLstudio and/or Impulse Tracker.

I can make models using Wings3D. That includes the infamous art of UV mapping.

I can't draw, really. I can draw on blackboard using chalk, since I am a teacher irl, but that concludes my drawing skills. And I'm pretty bad at writing shaders too.

I like doing stuff that 'isn't there' that soak in originality and tend to be highly experimental.

Due to my lack of drawing skills I love PG. My motto is 'If you can draw it, I can generate it, If I can't generate it, I'll hard-code it to cheat you haha!'

jkd003
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2010, 09:50:28 PM »

I'm a designer still learning how to program and sprite, currently in a open relationship with a experienced programmer but still looking for random hook ups to experiment with making games. 
I'm open minded, amateur and eager to please. Call 1-800-GAY-MERS if you want to work together.
Codestar
Level 1

One man, one game

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2010, 09:59:08 AM »

I'm a programmer, pixel artist, artist, music composer, and all around awesome dood looking for musicians and pixel artists to help me work on my game project frostfire.

a little bit of my experiance is:
+ I can program in c/c++, javascript, a little bit of lua, GML, SQL, and C#.
+ I've been doing pixel art for a couple of years, I'm pretty good/moderate with it.
+ I work on music in Ableton live.

What I need:
+ Spriters to collab with to make resources for my game.
+ Musicians to collab with to give my game a little variance in style.

What I will do:
+ I will do a little bit of everything, but mostly work on my engine so we can have a good base to start from.
+ I will do a lot of the game's story writing, but I'll be open to suggestions.
+ I will do concept art for the spriters to base their work off of and still be open to
suggestions.
+ I'll make my own music along side the other musician to as I said before add a little variance in style.

What I have already in progress
+ a pretty good idea of what I want to be in the first demo
+ a level editor with fully exportable levels to GM
+ tiles for first level, sprites for the main character, npc's, etc.
+ A system set up in game maker for external resource loading and on the fly entity creation via GM Lua.

Check out my current game project:
Mine to the sky
Dexiro
Level 0

Rawr

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2010, 04:53:48 PM »

Actually i've changed my mind i'll be happy enough just to talk to another dev, i need someone that i can throw my ideas at while i learn how to program Smiley

I can help out with other stuff like 2d graphics though so it's not all so bad.

Playtest my game Platform.TV! A cute precision platformer I'm experimenting with ~

Jo-o
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2010, 05:31:25 AM »

is anybody collab(ing) with anybody yet...?

moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2010, 09:34:30 AM »

I don't think so, it's like people don't read the post that are just above them.
Or noone has the "leader spirit" to take things into their hands

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
gunmaggot
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2010, 10:46:31 AM »

I tried Sad
Lemme try again:
If anybody want help mak my gam, give me a PM! 
I am a novice Game Maker user who is looking for somebody who actually knows what they're doing.  Game design is all done, the basic engine is in place (and in need of serious tweaking) and I'm on art duties. If you don't wanna hop on board in a programmer capacity, I sure could use some mentoring/guidance!
Jo-o
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2010, 12:24:46 PM »

ok...tomorrow I'll be feeling like a leader and a game will come out from this thread...(I don't like to lead but...got no choice)
(hope that post an idea and discuss is the way to start)
« Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 12:45:22 PM by Joaquim » Logged

J. R. Hill
Level 10

hi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2010, 07:04:23 PM »

is anybody collab(ing) with anybody yet...?

I'm collab(ing) with two people (racter & jotapeh) though I'm going at a snail's pace with both of em.

hi
jotapeh
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2010, 08:45:14 PM »

Haha, hey now... I thought we were making some decent progress  Big Laff

Devlog coming soon for those curious  Hand Thumbs Up Left
J. R. Hill
Level 10

hi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2010, 08:49:10 PM »

You guys aren't slow, I am haha.

hi
Parthon
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2010, 10:15:22 PM »

I'm a moderately experienced programmer who is working on a 2d engine in C++ with SDL and OpenGL at the moment. I know c++, java, python, c# and php. I haven't collabed before, but am willing to give it a shot.

Also I live in Australia and can provide photos of kangaroos if needed.
Rock
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2010, 04:31:14 AM »

I'm a moderately experienced programmer who is working on a 2d engine in C++ with SDL and OpenGL at the moment. I know c++, java, python, c# and php. I haven't collabed before, but am willing to give it a shot.

Also I live in Australia and can provide photos of kangaroos if needed.

You sound great to work with. I do mainly 2D so it's perfect. PM me or drop in the Show us your pixel art thread. I was planning it in GM but something else sounds better
Rock
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2010, 01:52:04 PM »

I dont know why but i laughed for a while when i saw your post ^  Big Laff
Jo-o
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2010, 02:11:55 PM »

laugh is a good response (I guess) Concerned

RSD
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2010, 03:47:22 PM »

Hi everyone,

I'm a programmer (xna) looking for an artist to collaborate with Smiley please check my post in this forum for more details :D

moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2010, 08:55:06 PM »

There should be a lottery where people put their resumes and according to their skills, they're randomly teamed up with other people

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic