Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 08:56:29 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsGAMMA (Moderator: fish)I wasn't selected, so here's a link to my game - thread
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: I wasn't selected, so here's a link to my game - thread  (Read 3578 times)
region5
Level 0

View Profile
« on: January 31, 2010, 08:52:43 PM »

Pre-emptively creating a thread to post your games when you find out that you weren't selected. Almost tempted to list my newbie 'curling' game as I'm pleased with my own work but wow'd by the artwork and ideas in other people's sharing.

Alec
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2010, 01:47:44 PM »

You made a curling game? Sweet.  Beer!

skaldicpoet9
Level 10

"The length of my life was fated long ago "

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2010, 01:53:39 PM »

I don't know very much about curling but what is the yelling all about? Is that a common occurrence? Pausing at the 22 second mark is frightening, don't say I didn't warn you.

\\\\\\\"Fearlessness is better than a faint heart for any man who puts his nose out of doors. The date of my death and length of my life were fated long ago.\\\\\\\"
Alec
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2010, 01:57:41 PM »

I don't know very much about curling but what is the yelling all about? Is that a common occurrence? Pausing at the 22 second mark is frightening, don't say I didn't warn you.

Yelling is how the "skip" (team leader) communicates with the two sweepers.

Sweeping harder leads to a longer, straighter shot, less sweeping leads to a shorter shot with more curl.

I guess they could all get headsets or something, but... I dunno the yelling is kinda awesome. Smiley

skaldicpoet9
Level 10

"The length of my life was fated long ago "

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2010, 02:01:26 PM »

I guess they could all get headsets or something, but... I dunno the yelling is kinda awesome. Smiley

I agree actually, awesome, yet somewhat frightening.

Don't tell me you wouldn't run if three people with brooms came at you out of nowhere yelling like that  Cheesy

\\\\\\\"Fearlessness is better than a faint heart for any man who puts his nose out of doors. The date of my death and length of my life were fated long ago.\\\\\\\"
jonbro
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2010, 02:03:58 PM »

oh man, that is amazing, especially after I just watched this: http://tigsource.com/articles/2010/01/31/gnilley

Alec
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2010, 02:22:19 PM »

oh man, that is amazing, especially after I just watched this: http://tigsource.com/articles/2010/01/31/gnilley

I've always wanted to make a curling game where you can yell into a mic to control the sweepers.  Tears of Joy

team_q
Level 10

Divide by everything is fine and nothing is wrong.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2010, 02:58:54 PM »

There used to be a curling game that had buttons for "Hurry!", "Hard!", and "Sweep" Which all had the same effect in game.

Also, I love curling.

Dirty Rectangles

_PRINCE OF ARCADE_
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic