Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411414 Posts in 69360 Topics- by 58415 Members - Latest Member: sophi_26

April 16, 2024, 10:20:29 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsGAMMA (Moderator: fish)SUBMISSIONS CLOSED
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: SUBMISSIONS CLOSED  (Read 10951 times)
fish
Level 10

cant spell selfish without fish

View Profile WWW
« on: February 01, 2010, 08:17:49 AM »

aaaand it's over!
the deadline has come and gone.
and i lost a bet.
never thought we'd get over 100 entries.

we got 154!

holy shit!

the previous record was gamma 256 with 18 submissions.

usually we'd play through all the games the day after deadline and try and make our decisions then.
we're gonna need a new plan!

a huge thanks to everybody who submitted a game!
competition is going to be batshit crazy fierce.

good luck!

PlayMeTape
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2010, 08:43:57 AM »

Haha, that's crazy. Just goes to show that more people are getting into indie game development. Have fun with all of the entries guys!
Katamaran
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2010, 08:55:06 AM »

while im really exited about the number of entries, that also means there's less of a chance of me getting in. but really, im just glad I finished.
I think the prompt really helped this one too. it's FUN to design one button games.

I'd reallly like to say thank you to the community by the way, without the massive amount of support on these boards, i'd never have completed this thing. good luck all of you!
tyronehenrie
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2010, 08:59:14 AM »

Insane! So excited to see everyone's work. Good luck all.

caffeinekid
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2010, 10:38:33 AM »

Awesome work everyone. Regardless of being picked or not this means there are a whole host of new games that are hopefully suitable for gamers with less mobility and who have trouble with traditional controls.

Accessibility FTW! Smiley Lots of back-patting deserved here.

region5
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2010, 11:56:51 AM »

I work in the school system with kids who are not physcially capable of using direction selection (mouse, touch screen, joystick, etc) and these games are very well appreciated.

tks.
Bennett
Jinky Jonky and the Spell of the Advergamez 3
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2010, 11:59:20 AM »

we got 154!

If you could collect the screenshots and descriptions of the losers on an official webpage, that would do a lot to help promote them. Maybe it would be a hassle, since you'd need to send out emails asking for permission, but I think it would be a nice thing to do.

All the losing (and winning) submissions to IGF get listed together on a page, and I think it's a nice monument to the community.
cmspice
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2010, 02:40:46 PM »

18 to 154. Wooooah.
Scolo
Level 0

Justin Dempsey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2010, 02:57:32 PM »

Wow thats amazing 8 times the previous record.  Good luck to every one! Hopefully we can all chill at GDC.
aeiowu
Level 10

Greg Wohlwend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2010, 03:24:58 PM »

we got 154!

If you could collect the screenshots and descriptions of the losers on an official webpage, that would do a lot to help promote them. Maybe it would be a hassle, since you'd need to send out emails asking for permission, but I think it would be a nice thing to do.

All the losing (and winning) submissions to IGF get listed together on a page, and I think it's a nice monument to the community.

i would help with this if needed.

AlbeyAmakiir
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2010, 04:55:48 PM »

Wow... only about five games from 154. I can almost hear the collective crossing of fingers.

Alec
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2010, 08:08:24 PM »

Wow... only about five games from 154. I can almost hear the collective crossing of fingers.

I wonder if it would be possible to select 10, and double them up. (I understand that renting more projectors is probably too costly or the amount of space doesn't allow it) But you could switch games in and out throughout the night. Maybe every hour?

I guess it depends what % of the 154 games are actually good. Smiley (judging from this forum, a lot of them probably are!)

Katamaran
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2010, 09:59:39 PM »

i'd imagine the barrier to increasing the number of winners is the prizes of GDC tickets. Personally, I wouldn't mind too much if my game got to go to GDC and I didn't
Alec
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2010, 01:19:52 AM »

i'd imagine the barrier to increasing the number of winners is the prizes of GDC tickets. Personally, I wouldn't mind too much if my game got to go to GDC and I didn't

Good points!

SophieH
Level 0

(\^3^)/ Q(>.<Q)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2010, 02:02:13 AM »

yeah, even if my game makes it in there's no way I can afford the travel anyway.

region5
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2010, 10:41:53 AM »

+1 for getting the game on display without the attendance.
jph wacheski
Level 1

It's only a matter of folding time and space,..

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2010, 06:44:20 AM »

yup, it is doubtfull I would be able to affort the expence of travel as well,. Sad perhpas a very long BUS ride, and finding someone local with a couch (or floor space) to crash on,. but that just don't sound like too much fun, so I will likely not be attending should my little game be selected anyway.  I just like the deadline and design challenge,. seems to give me enouph presure to get a game done, otherwise I tend to tweek the mechanics, and art endlessly,. .  Embarrassed

http://iterationGAMES.com
http://jph_wacheski.itch.io/
all my itch.io games are now pay-what-you-like Wink
PlayMeTape
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2010, 07:02:12 AM »

Your game looks very nice though. Would like to know how you made some of those effects (background). I don't think I could go either, would take all of my moneys and time off from school. I'd probably try (if I got selected, which I won't be Tongue), but you know.
cloo
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2010, 08:13:39 AM »

It's very unlikely we'll increase the number of games shown, as each game costs us several hundred dollars to show, and there are a limited number of GDC passes and showfloor spots. Not having a team of people like the IGF, we can't guarantee having a page with all the submitted games, but we'll see what we can do.
SpaceParanoid
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2010, 10:05:27 AM »

Well, some games would only require one GDC pass, freeing up others. I know I'm not the only person who designed my game singlehandedly, so the extra admission would be wasted on me. I'd rather see another spot made open for somebody else, instead...
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic