Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411517 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 27, 2024, 11:52:03 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingStrange Route (Global Game Jam)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Strange Route (Global Game Jam)  (Read 1071 times)
Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« on: February 01, 2010, 01:43:53 PM »

The team I was on decided to make a 3d, networked game in Unity, and we actually managed to end up with something (more or less) playable.  (I was one of the designers and level designers on the team)

Basically, Strange Route is a competitive 3D Platformer where you play as two voodoo illusionists fighting to unlock a great power by collecting keys that take the form of fruit.  The powers you have at your disposal are making platforms disappear, and making illusionary platforms that people can fall through.

The game can be played in a browser, or downloaded (however, in the browser version, you can't use your create illusionary platform ability, since right click brings up a menu...EDIT:  You can go full screen in browser mode (by using the right click menu) and then you won't have that problem)

You win by collecting 7 keys and bringing them to the center of the level (although currently that doesn't actually cause the game to end and say you win... Just know that you've won at that point)

The game requires two players, and has online multiplayer.  So either get in touch with a friend to play with you, or PM me and we can find a time to play. EDIT:  Also, I'll occasionally try to just sit around with an available game.  If you see "MalecGame" in the server list, feel free to join.

Controls are WASD to move, Space to jump, left click on a platform to make it invisible and right click to create an illusion platform.  Also, apparently there's a way to shoot projectiles that do nothing...   Shrug

So, all of that being said, you can play it here:

http://www.globalgamejam.org/2010/strange-root

or play it in browser here:

http://darclightstudios.com/strangeroute.html

Hopefully I'll be able to convince some of my teammates to get some more work done on this project, at least having a single player practice mode, the ability to actually win, higher jumps, and better key positions.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 03:16:44 PM by Malec2b » Logged

starsrift
Level 10

Apparently I am a ruiner of worlds. Ooops.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2010, 11:36:25 PM »

I localhosted this and played on the client window.

I thought it was kinda cool. The concept is neat, though I wonder how effective the illusion/fake platform things are after you learn the map.

Pity you didn't have time to texture the characters. Nonetheless, I think it's a great start if you wanted to continue at it!

"Vigorous writing is concise." - William Strunk, Jr.
As is coding.

I take life with a grain of salt.
And a slice of lime, plus a shot of tequila.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic