Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411281 Posts in 69324 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 06:35:39 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsMONOLITH <<13.03.10 - New Video!>>
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
Print
Author Topic: MONOLITH <<13.03.10 - New Video!>>  (Read 23881 times)
hyperduck
Level 10

Music and Noises

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: February 20, 2010, 01:04:17 PM »

Hand Any Key Screamy Hand Any Key

This is me, working like a bitch that I served last night. (I did no bitches, last night.)

I actually have some stuff already, but that'll be for you guys to check out soon, just gimme a while to recover Smiley (broken hand, one handed typing FTW.)

Zachary Lewis
Level 1

Professional by day, indie by night.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: February 20, 2010, 01:07:26 PM »

This is me, working like a bitch that I served last night. (I did no bitches, last night.)

I actually have some stuff already, but that'll be for you guys to check out soon, just gimme a while to recover Smiley (broken hand, one handed typing FTW.)

I'm typing one handed right now, too. Well, hello there!

Gagege
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: February 20, 2010, 02:55:42 PM »

Woo hoo, the game is done! Upload it to XBLIG NOW! Durr...?

blog
Soli Deo Gloria
hyperduck
Level 10

Music and Noises

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: February 20, 2010, 04:16:40 PM »

I'm typing one handed right now, too. Well, hello there!

My Word! BAW GAWD THAT IS TWISTED! And I will stop derailing the good ship Monolith now. Carry on with relevant monolithic references, unless all of this is going in the game.

tim-bo-jay
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: February 20, 2010, 04:56:21 PM »

Oh...oh god...just reading this page has violated me sexually... Cry

*ahem* back on track, I've been working on a design document for the game after a telling off for randomly throwing in features too late into development causing the game to become a mess, anyway, I've got the basic enemies (including a pirate AND a ninja...maybe even a Pinja) and been working on pickups. What kind of upgrades would you guys like to see in the game? Obviously I won't be able to use some ideas if I feel they'll break the gameplay or something but all ideas are welcome Beer!
Nate Kling
Pixelhead
Level 9

Caliber9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: February 20, 2010, 05:15:19 PM »

Hey nice work guys, I hadnt seen this game before, somehow i missed it Huh? .   Just wanted to drop some encouragement, it looks really awesome!  Ill be watching closely for now on.

Tycho Brahe
Level 10

λx.x

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 20, 2010, 05:16:07 PM »

Oh...oh god...just reading this page has violated me sexually... Cry

*ahem* back on track, I've been working on a design document for the game after a telling off for randomly throwing in features too late into development causing the game to become a mess, anyway, I've got the basic enemies (including a pirate AND a ninja...maybe even a Pinja) and been working on pickups. What kind of upgrades would you guys like to see in the game? Obviously I won't be able to use some ideas if I feel they'll break the gameplay or something but all ideas are welcome Beer!
Pirate AND a ninja    Hand Any KeyAddictedHand Joystick

Also, how about themed levels? like a pirate ship themed level with pirates in...
tim-bo-jay
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: February 20, 2010, 05:42:26 PM »

Pirate AND a ninja    Hand Any KeyAddictedHand Joystick

Also, how about themed levels? like a pirate ship themed level with pirates in...

Hmmm would be hard to make a tower look like a pirate ship Tongue lol I'll give it some thought but right now I'm trying to get the basics written up and then I'll flesh it out.

Hey nice work guys, I hadnt seen this game before, somehow i missed it Huh? .   Just wanted to drop some encouragement, it looks really awesome!  Ill be watching closely for now on.

Thanks dude :D
Zachary Lewis
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: February 20, 2010, 08:04:48 PM »

Glad we're back on track. Smiley

To reward everyone, I'll leave this programmer commentary of the engine rebuild over here...

http://zachwlewis.dyndns.org/monolith/2010/02/21/videolog-monolith-engine-reconstruction-and-enemy-ai/
« Last Edit: February 20, 2010, 09:25:10 PM by Zachary Lewis » Logged

AaronG
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 22, 2010, 09:09:37 PM »

Good to hear you guys are doing what's best for the game, even if it means taking a few steps back.  Also, maybe I'm just weird but, I'm really enjoying these developer diary videos.  It's just cool to see what fellow enthusiasts are working on.

Keep it up!
psoplayer
Level 0

R-r-remix!

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 22, 2010, 09:14:37 PM »

We've already gotten it back to feature parity with the original version... I guess it hardly feels like taking steps back when we manage to rebuild the whole thing in a weekend. Coming next: different tile types (sticky tiles anyone?) and more enemies.
Zachary Lewis
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: February 23, 2010, 08:26:27 AM »

New videolog! This one has zombies in it!

http://www.youtube.com/v/8KYcWihhZsY
http://zachwlewis.dyndns.org/monolith/2010/02/23/videolog-the-frozenslick-tower-of-unyielding-undeath-thats-ice-and-zombies-to-you/

homeDrone
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 23, 2010, 10:38:11 AM »

It looks pretty cool and smooth looking.

My brain wants more contrast between the sky and the ice zombie though. Maybe that's just my prejudice about ice zombies.
Zachary Lewis
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: February 23, 2010, 11:07:40 AM »

There are contrast issues, especially when an enemy "fades out" after being hit. Since we're going to have multiple backgrounds depending on how high you climb, we may have to have different sprite colors to contrast properly with the tiles and the backgrounds as we go.

Also, yes. You are severely prejudiced. Ice zombies are zombies, too!

tim-bo-jay
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: February 23, 2010, 11:16:26 AM »

Also, yes. You are severely prejudiced. Ice zombies are zombies, too!

But in no way are they snowmen Sad last time I'll try sticking a carrot in one...
Tycho Brahe
Level 10

λx.x

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 23, 2010, 11:22:35 AM »

MOP-FOO!
psoplayer
Level 0

R-r-remix!

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 23, 2010, 02:47:08 PM »

Never underestimate the power of industrial cleaning supplies.
Zachary Lewis
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117 on: February 28, 2010, 06:46:01 PM »

New devlog. We've got a map editor.
View the videolog on the devlog.

Zachary Lewis
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #118 on: February 28, 2010, 10:57:13 PM »

While working on the map editor, I started working on an unrelated problem, so I wrote about it.

Read about forward thinking and content generation on our Devlog.

tim-bo-jay
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #119 on: March 01, 2010, 04:30:30 AM »

Looking awesome mate Smiley as soon as I have everything installed and setup I'll start toying around with the builder!

Also once I've actually woken up (yes it's 12:30 and I'm just waking up...fear my laziness) I'll get all this sexy content on the front page of the Dev.Log :D
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic