Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: graysonsolis

April 29, 2024, 01:59:44 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallSuper Search 60 for iPhone
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Super Search 60 for iPhone  (Read 1093 times)
klicktock
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: February 05, 2010, 02:17:52 AM »

Heya All,

So my name is Matthew Hall and I run an indie studio located in rural Australia.  Today my first iPhone game appeared on the App Store "Super Search 60".  Did I mention that it's FREE?  Smiley

Well free is - of course - relative.  The aim here was to turn the whole "full/lite" thing on it's head by offering a near full featured game for free.  Players get 20 minutes of online play each week where they can submit their scores to facebook.  Once the time is out, well - they have to wait till Wednesday to play again.  On the title screen a "buy" button sits and for a one-off payment they can unlock unlimited online play.  Hopefully the gamble here pays off as the aim is to minimise the barrier of entry to get the game in the hands of as many people as I can.

Design wise, the aim was to produce an accessible casual game, but to provide something new.  Although the "60 seconds" and facebook connect angle is hardly new, I've not ever heard of this type of gameplay being adapted to the Hidden Object genre before.

Game was developed using the excellent excellent excellent Cocos2D engine.  If you're thinking of doing a 2D iPhone game I strongly suggest you take a look.  It's free, powerful and works out of the box.  Really happy that I found it.

klicktock
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2010, 01:04:04 AM »

Hey yaaaa,

Version 1.1 finally appeared on the App Store.  This version - as well as a series of bug fixes and tweaks - makes it much easier to play the game without having to sign in to Facebook Connect.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic