Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411505 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 06:54:39 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsHiddenThe DromeValley of the DeadUnpaid WorkYou can bubble!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: You can bubble!  (Read 3172 times)
goara
Level 0

hm..?

View Profile
« on: February 05, 2010, 09:43:48 AM »

hey there!
i'm entirely new to the forums of tigsource and strongly hope i'm not breaking any conventions through this (i'm kind of surprised, there are so few other threads in this area).

this is a screenshot of a game i made using images stolen from various sources:

the game is done with exception of sound, which i might add if i find any good ones (free).
here is how it works:
you control the guy seen on the bubble, walk and jump like any conventional platformer.
you shoot bubbles to temporarily freeze the ghosts. if you walk into an unfrozen ghost you die.
you can also create different bubbles which grow if you keep pressing the button and start floating upwards when you release them. you can then jump onto them and use them to go high up into the air and arrive at fascinating (or not so fascinating) new places in the map. the bubbles are destroyed when they touch an enemy or wall, or you are on them and are stopped by a wall (while going upwards).
the bubbles also shrink while going up, and become slower, so you have to create a new bubble to switch to, in order not to fall down.

the game supports a linear map order and a highscore but is also open for more motivating features Smiley

right now the game is compiled on a linux system, but it uses sdl and opengl and will port to windows etc. without problems.

i made this for fun, not for money, so if you are interested, i would offer you to be part of a "fun collab" by making some pretty pixels (player, ghost and map-tiles etc.) or sound for this game. i'll send the game to anyone who's interested.
J. R. Hill
Level 10

hi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2010, 04:20:00 PM »

It's like Castlevania meets Bubble Bobble!
 Kiss

hi
goara
Level 0

hm..?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2010, 03:09:28 AM »

Yes I admit, the innovation factor isn't the highest. Although I must say to my defence, I never saw Bubble Bobble before and the Castlevaniaishness is supposed to be temporary, although I was going for a dark mood originally too (which I find I missed by far).

If anyone knows the Fever Ray song Concrete Walls: That's the mood I wanted to go for (before I realized my graphical incapabilities, if you know what I mean Smiley)
Chromanoid
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2010, 04:55:09 AM »

reminds me of the newest naruto episodes Grin
you could implement toxic bubbles, bubble clones etc.  Smiley
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic