Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411525 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 02:58:54 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsBlood Streak's Medieval Contest
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Blood Streak's Medieval Contest  (Read 1885 times)
Blood Streak
Level 0

View Profile
« on: February 05, 2010, 10:04:32 AM »

I believe this is the right place to post it.

Original Post on GameJolt:
I've decided to host a contest, as I like seeing what people come up with. The theme is "Medieval." As the title implies, what your task is is to try and use the theme in the most sutible way for you. For you few who do not know what Medieval is, it was an era lasting over a thousand years, also known as the Middle Ages and the Dark Ages. In many RPG games it is considered the core of magic and mystical creatures.

Rules:

Must be original and designed for this contest only

Teams are allowed but only a maximum of 4 per group

Game must be based around the contest theme

Only a maximum of 2 entrys per dev/team

Game Maker is the preferred engine but not a requirement

All games must be submitted by April 30th (yes, I'm being fair for once)

Prizes:

An official trailer designed personally to promote your game - 3rd Place

A banner on a proper gaming company's site advertising either your game or your website (http://www.silversparkgames.co.uk) - 2nd Place

Grand Prize:

For Game Maker games:

A review on the GameMaker Blog (I've applied for a job, so if I get it it should be easy to sort out)

If the game is not made with Game Maker:

Both the 2nd and 3rd place prizes, plus something else if I come up with anything good enough.

How to enter:

Simply submit your awesome game on this site (GameJolt) and post the link in the topic. (You can post it on this topic too.)

Judges:

These are the current judges:

Blood Streak (me)

YellowAfterlife

If you would like to be a judge in the competition, simply comment on this topic saying why you want to be a judge and why you think you'd be good at it.

Note: You can't enter the competition if you're a judge. I would have though that was pretty clear otherwise.

I look forward to seeing what your awesome creative minds can come up with,

Blood Streak
brog
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2010, 10:38:54 AM »

To clarify: the grand prize is something you can't necessarily provide; it's conditional on you getting a job you've applied for?
Blood Streak
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2010, 11:01:06 AM »

Maybe, but surely I could use the power of asking nicely? Do you plan on entering, anyhow?
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic