Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411523 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 02:25:25 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)Archived ProjectsIndie BrawlIndie Brawl: Blue Knight
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Print
Author Topic: Indie Brawl: Blue Knight  (Read 22604 times)
mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2010, 10:07:39 PM »

I already said my part. I don't think we need air variants.
Winterous
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2010, 10:18:04 PM »

I already said my part. I don't think we need air variants.

Fair enough for a few attacks, but some need tweaking for the air (you can't have a shockwave from hitting thin air), and the ^S would at very least need a graphical change for in the air, because it's a ground-based move.

</>/^A can all stay the same, agreed, I just thought it'd be nice to have the spinny thing from CC, as it looks cool, even if it worked in exactly the same way.

VA can't have a shockwave mid-air, it makes no sense, so replacing that function with a downward spike (as I suggested) would serve well.

^S could work in the air I guess, and it would be seldom used if you couldn't, point taken.

And </>S in the air should have the recoil from CC, if not just for flavour then for an interesting and slight recovery aid.
mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2010, 10:45:34 PM »

VA can't have a shockwave mid-air, it makes no sense, so replacing that function with a downward spike (as I suggested) would serve well.
In the air, should mace slam be a downwards swing or a stall and fall? Personally I vote stall and fall.
Stall and fall is the thing GK does for his vA. He even has a shockwave in bonesaw mode. The shockwave happens when he hits the ground.

^S could work in the air I guess, and it would be seldom used if you couldn't, point taken.
He needs a recovery move, so we need to keep it. For a grapical change we could just have some icicles hanging from the bottom. If he can fire shots of ice, having a fist of ice float in the air isn't that much of a stretch.

And </>S in the air should have the recoil from CC, if not just for flavour then for an interesting and slight recovery aid.
Due to the time it take to do the move (since you cant move while attacking), a slight recoil wouldn't be worth it, and a large enough one would look odd.
Winterous
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2010, 11:19:12 PM »

Stall and fall is the thing GK does for his vA. He even has a shockwave in bonesaw mode. The shockwave happens when he hits the ground.

Aah yeah, that'll work I guess.

He needs a recovery move, so we need to keep it. For a grapical change we could just have some icicles hanging from the bottom. If he can fire shots of ice, having a fist of ice float in the air isn't that much of a stretch.

True, true.
I'm bringing physics into this too much aren't I?

Due to the time it take to do the move (since you cant move while attacking), a slight recoil wouldn't be worth it, and a large enough one would look odd.

Wouldn't it just be a brief "Haduken!" though?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 06:48:42 AM by Winterous » Logged
Mogget
Level 1

Manbabysitter

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2010, 06:23:07 AM »

Did you just quote yourself on a post you hadn't even made yet?   Epileptic
On topic, shouldn't we avoid making attacks too similar beetween characters? There's only eight moves anyway, they should be made somewhat unique. Case in point: the vA is exactly like GK's ATM.

Hurray for shameless promotion!
Winterous
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2010, 06:49:14 AM »

Did you just quote yourself on a post you hadn't even made yet?   Epileptic
>_>
Yes, yes I did.
I added a single character, and fixed it :D
mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2010, 02:30:39 PM »

While you're using a midair attack, you can't move.(EDIT: I was mistaken) You would have to turn around to gain from the recoil, so that would slow you down even more. The recoil would have to be more than your maximum horizontal speed on average. (You would probably slow down during the recoil, so it would have to be more than double normal speed initially) The projectile is a bit bigger than his hand, and that much recoil for a small projectile wouldn't look right.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 11:26:09 PM by mokesmoe‽ » Logged
Soulliard
Level 10

The artist formerly known as Nightshade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2010, 06:20:00 PM »

You generally can move when using an aerial attack. However, recoil is worthless for the purposes of recovery unless it allows you to move farther or faster than you could normally. I can't imagine a small magical projectile having that much recoil.

Winterous
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2010, 06:37:19 PM »

Aah yes yes, fair enough.
thewojnartist
Level 3

Lead Designer and Artist at WojWorks

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2010, 05:59:40 PM »

I've made a WIP of his portrait. Tell me whatcha think:

I know his pose isn't that different from his in game one, but I really couldn't think of a better one at the moment.
Soulliard
Level 10

The artist formerly known as Nightshade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2010, 06:02:42 PM »

I really like his face there, although the mace probably still needs some work. Of course, the mace doesn't have to be in the portrait.

thewojnartist
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2010, 06:04:45 PM »

The mace isn't finished yet, and I sort of visioned it in there, almost as if it were ready to strike  Evil

Update:
Redid the mace completely. I actually sort of like how it came out:

Edit:
Some really minor changes:
« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 08:01:11 PM by Goodbye » Logged
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2010, 10:43:30 PM »

I think the portrait looks kind of unbalanced, since his face is only in one half of it. When it's surrounded by other portaits, I think it will look out of place.

Winterous
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2010, 12:01:06 AM »

I think the portrait looks kind of unbalanced, since his face is only in one half of it. When it's surrounded by other portaits, I think it will look out of place.

Very good point, the face should be fully in the square, the mace is an extra detail.

And wait, why are we giving him the mace anyway?
The Red Knight got the mace, the Blue Knight got the weird black stick!
Blaizer
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2010, 03:44:31 AM »

I just google imaged Blue Knight. It seems all the knight's weapons are interchangeable, some they all had different weapons, others they all had the same. I haven't played Castle Crashers though, so I shouldn't really be saying anything.
Winterous
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2010, 04:35:45 AM »

I just google imaged Blue Knight. It seems all the knight's weapons are interchangeable, some they all had different weapons, others they all had the same. I haven't played Castle Crashers though, so I shouldn't really be saying anything.
Yes, in the game you could switch weapon as you want.
But the DEFAULT weapons were unique to each coloured knight:

Red: Big circle mace.
Green: Rusty badass sword.
Orange: Battle axe.
Blue: Some weird black pole which looks vaguely like a sword in its scabbard. Linkey.
JMickle
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2010, 05:52:37 AM »

i think best would be just the head. It looks great though (Y)

thewojnartist
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2010, 02:43:10 PM »

I can edit his face in even further. Just ask  Smiley
Winterous
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2010, 03:56:47 PM »

I can edit his face in even further. Just ask  Smiley
That looks much better, but I think just a smidgeon more would be perfect.
Too far though and it'll look strange.
thewojnartist
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2010, 04:11:54 PM »

Is a smidgeon 2 pixels? I hope so, or we'll be going back and forth. Nonetheless, tell me if you think it needs to be moved more.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic