Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411518 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 02:17:42 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingFurious moles, ice-creams and a hello
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Furious moles, ice-creams and a hello  (Read 2558 times)
iojoe
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: February 07, 2010, 02:51:02 PM »

Hello all!

Long-time listener, first-time caller.  Thank goodness for the goodness that is TIGSource  Smiley

I've made a small handful of games over the past few years, the most recent of which is Furious Moles - a twist on those old-school arcade favourite whack-a-mole games.  I also tried to get a nice ending in there, dubbed the final stage.

If you'd like to take a look at it, or my previous few games they're at:

---> http://www.iojoe.com/

Any feedback greatfully received

Thanks!

Simon / iojoe

deathtotheweird
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2010, 04:05:17 PM »

I just got the 4th highest score on my first playthrough. Pretty fun little arcade game. Real cute graphics and sounds too. I enjoyed it. Good waste of 10 minutes.

Might wanna, introduce yourself in the correct thread so it doesn't seem like you're a hit and run trying to advertise your game.
iojoe
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2010, 02:18:26 AM »

Hey Allen. Thanks for the point in the right direction - I'll find the right thread. I'm glad you enjoyed the game Smiley
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2010, 08:34:43 AM »

Since you're looking for feedback, this belongs in the Feedback forum. Moved.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
Fate
Level 0

uhm.. derp..

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2010, 08:33:13 PM »

neat, those furious moles. not as funny as old tontie ( http://www.eyezmaze.com/tontie/v1/index.html ) but has it's moments. a good whack a mole variation.
score: 12440 Smiley

"i like seeing... people... come out of the dark." -David Lynch
Dom2D
Level 5

I'll do it myself then!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2010, 10:09:09 PM »

Hey, you've got a great style and a nice knack at adding something special to classic types of games. Congrats Smiley

iojoe
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2010, 05:31:58 AM »

Thanks Dom2D, Fate for nice feedback (and Melly for relocating the thread... sorry for the newbie error).

I'm a big eyezmaze fan.  Tontie is a fantastic use of interface - i.e. the numeric pad on a keyboard.

One thing to note on Furious Moles: I'm finding people tend not to engage with the acheivements to unlock the final stage, which from my point of view is a shame since there's a puzzle or two involved and there's a surprise there at the end.  The lesson I guess is if you're going to mix a score game with an acheivement system it needs to more integrated/integral(?)
Stane
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2010, 08:07:36 AM »

Very slick games. I just added em to favs on newgrounds. I especially liked Gingerbread Circus. neat concept.
iojoe
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2010, 01:07:45 PM »

Hey Stane.  Thanks for the nice comments - Gingerbread Circus is definitely my favourite too and has proved to be popular.

--

Out of interest, for anyone who has played or plays Furious Moles - did you reach the final stage?  Was it too hard or just not a noticable challenge?

I'm probably going to do an update with a splash screen to sell the challenge aspect of the game harder.
deathtotheweird
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2010, 06:10:55 PM »

You need to make the achievements more noticeable I think. I totally missed them the first time I played.

But I was unable to unlock the don't waste ice cream one. I don't understand how to get it? I played through the game multiple times, never wasting any ice cream and it won't unlock.
iojoe
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2010, 12:41:04 AM »

Hey Allen, thanks for the feedback. I'm definitely going to add a splash screen to push the final stage.

There are seven ice creams in total and all of them need to be safetly delivered to a mole. To get all seven you need to go for about eleven levels. The last ice cream has a chocolate sticking out of it Smiley

btw. Well done on getting the pacifism acheivement. That seems to be the trickiest one.
deathtotheweird
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2010, 08:18:57 PM »

I see what I was doing wrong. If you drop an ice-cream *just* as the mole is going down, the ice-cream doesn't drop on the floor it just disappears but it still counts as a drop. I'll try it right this time.
iojoe
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2010, 09:42:58 AM »

Whoops Smiley  Thanks for the bug report - I'll try and fix that
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic