Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411521 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 05:01:49 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessAny Business Indies able to answer a few questions?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Any Business Indies able to answer a few questions?  (Read 2653 times)
Venks
Level 0

View Profile
« on: February 08, 2010, 09:00:36 PM »

I'm really not sure if this is the right place to post this so please excuse my noobishness. As an assignment for my College Success course I'm suppose to interview someone who is a local and is in the career field I'm interested in. If any of you awesome indies here live in Virginia and don't mind answering a few questions could you please PM me, reply here, or most preferably send an email to [email protected] ?

It would be a lot easier to just go to a GameStop or something, but I would really love to actually interview an indie developer as that's what I really want to become. Thanks again.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 02:40:37 PM by Venks » Logged
Skofo
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2010, 09:36:05 PM »

Skype/chat interviews somehow don't count?

If you wish to make a video game from scratch, you must first invent the universe.
Danrul
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2010, 04:28:25 AM »

I'm sure theres virginial indies.
undertech
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2010, 04:40:29 AM »

A virgin indie named Virginia,
does she live in VA?
(I'm not one in case you were getting your hopes up, sorry)
Venks
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2010, 09:23:14 AM »

Skype/chat interviews somehow don't count?

Anything works just as long as you have experience working as an indie.
Venks
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2010, 02:39:51 PM »

Alright I don't really care if you live in Virginia or not. I'll just tell my professor I couldn't find any locals.

I'm suppose to interview someone who works in the Computer Science field and is either a Director, CEO, Manager, or Supervisor. If any of you can answer these questions you'll be helping me pass my stupid college success class.

Name and title of person being interviewed

Company/Organization Name

How long has he/she worked in the field? At this company?

Education/training/skills necessary for this position

Starting salary range for a position of this type

Description of a typical day

What is the best and worst part of this job?

What kind of work schedule does this field require? (Overtime, flextime, part-time, travel, on call, etc.)

What are the advancement opportunities from this position?

What is your opinion about the future of this particular field?

What advice do you have for someone interested in this field?

*Lastly I need contact information like you would have on a business card, but I don't actually plan on contacting you. Just my teacher requires the business to be real.
X3N
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2010, 09:59:53 PM »

Define indie? I've worked at a couple game companies, they were indie when they started, I guess?

destiny is truth pre-op
deathtotheweird
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2010, 10:14:11 PM »

My first year of college I had to take a class such a this. I think I attended 4 sessions until I stopped going. The class is bullshit and a waste of time and money, and it was required. In the days I did go, I didn't take the assignments seriously. I played NES and flash games online and talked to the 2 hot chicks who sat behind me  Cool

I still got an A in it.
Desert Dog
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2010, 11:18:18 PM »

@allen: If you'd listened, you may have actually learnt something, as it is, you spent money and learnt nothing. Smiley

Corpus
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2010, 12:18:35 PM »

You should get more (and perhaps more serious) replies in the actual Business forum. Moved. Hope it helps..
Imagineergames
Level 1

Sweet Slithering Bogaboo of Serpentine Proportions

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2010, 10:46:46 AM »

I'm sure theres virginial indies.

This is their chance to pop their Indie Cherries.

Imagineers of Flights of Fancy!<br /><br />Shades of Violet - Song of the Clockwork Princess
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic