Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411476 Posts in 69369 Topics- by 58424 Members - Latest Member: FlyingFreeStudios

April 23, 2024, 04:16:32 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsMerveilles MMORPG
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11
Print
Author Topic: Merveilles MMORPG  (Read 49790 times)
aliceffekt
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #120 on: February 15, 2011, 02:57:24 PM »

Updates

- F30 Town is open
- Added assets (9)
- Expanded Town F1 and F10
- Added Warp on F7 to F1
- Made F6 a forest floor
- Added Hint/help boards

This is a map of online users and portals

XXIIVV

Drypoint, Cyanosis, Kanikule, Valentinel, Pierrot Death, Zjeveni, Merveilles, Cenote, Cloud is a Lie, Pico³, Siseon°, Phloston Paradise, Volkenessen, FRACT, Waiting for Horus, Diluvium, Pico Battle, Hiversaires, Melady Antres.
aliceffekt
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #121 on: February 16, 2011, 01:05:59 PM »

Updates

- Added a hayfield to F1
- Changed stairs of F1 to F2
- Added assets (10)
- Added NPCs on F2

XXIIVV

Drypoint, Cyanosis, Kanikule, Valentinel, Pierrot Death, Zjeveni, Merveilles, Cenote, Cloud is a Lie, Pico³, Siseon°, Phloston Paradise, Volkenessen, FRACT, Waiting for Horus, Diluvium, Pico Battle, Hiversaires, Melady Antres.
aliceffekt
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #122 on: February 17, 2011, 04:44:57 PM »

Updates

- New NPCs on F2 and F3
- New Assets(2)
- Raise Spell is now lvl30
- Heal Spell doesn't have a level requirement anymore
- Added a couple of teleports from f10 to f20 to f1
- Real time 3D Map in OZML http://oz.xxiivv.com/
- Added Cake

Known Bugs

- Unbalanced enemies after F7
- Broken Warp on F4

« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 11:22:45 AM by aliceffekt » Logged

XXIIVV

aliceffekt
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: February 18, 2011, 03:10:12 PM »

Created a Room of Portals in Junction(F4) and back

- to F7
- to F17
- to 24

Current Portals on F4 (Junction Traverse)

- to F1 (Hayfields)
- to F5
- to F7
- to F10
- to F14 (Future Site of Lumines)
- to F17
- to F20
- to F24
- to F100 (Portal Room)

I created a Facebook page if you'd like to join it http://www.facebook.com/pages/Merveilles-Portable/103514779683726

Edit : I noticed that sometimes the warps fucks up and you end up in a wall somewhere.. I am looking into it.

« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 10:00:43 PM by aliceffekt » Logged

XXIIVV

AndrewFM
Level 2

whoops

View Profile WWW
« Reply #124 on: February 19, 2011, 11:48:58 AM »

The F30 sign lies Sad

Hangedman
Level 10

Two milkmen go comedy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #125 on: February 19, 2011, 03:58:59 PM »

Whoa, you levelled up fast  Crazy

AUST
ITIAMOSIWE (Play it on NG!) - Vision
There but for the grace of unfathomably complex math go I
♒ben
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #126 on: February 19, 2011, 07:56:00 PM »

Well it says you must be at least 30, doesn't say you will survive at lv 30  Undecided
aliceffekt
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #127 on: February 21, 2011, 11:26:50 AM »

Patch 20110220

- New Login
- New Registration
- Sprites can now look left and right
- No more battle dialogs, enemies can survive for more than one attack
- Multiple players can attack the same enemy.
- Quake-like Strafing movement
- Merveilles was moved to it's own server and database (thanks to Mediatemple)
- Redid Hayfields(F1)
- New Town Lumines(F14)

Current Portals on F1 (Hayfields)
- to F2
- to F4 (Junction Traverse)
- to F41

Current Portals on F2 (Colastalar)
- to F1
- to F3
- to F6
- to F12
- to F14  (Lumines's Cloister to F70)

Current Portals on F4 (Junction Traverse)

- to F1 (Hayfields's Ilo)
- to F3
- to F5
- to F7
- to F10
- to F14 (Lumines)
- to F17
- to F20
- to F24
- to F100 (Portal Room)

Current Portals on F14 (Lumines)

- to F1 (Hayfields)
- to F2 (Colastalar)
- to F4 (Junction Traverse)
- to F13
- to F15
- to F24
- to F34 (Ju'Nev)
- to F41
- to F100 (Portal Room)

--

Areas that needs work F6, F8, F9, F11, F12, 16, F18, F19, F21, F22, F23, F25, F26, F27, F28, F29
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 09:31:15 AM by aliceffekt » Logged

XXIIVV

aliceffekt
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #128 on: February 22, 2011, 12:07:59 PM »

Opened a portal to F70

You must be over level 30 for you will need the raise spell, and you need to be at least 4 players.
You cannot walk to F70, I closed the path at F60.

All the enemies beyond F70 gives 700 bonus exp.

Good luck.

XXIIVV

godatplay
Level 1

Josh

View Profile WWW
« Reply #129 on: February 22, 2011, 10:14:19 PM »

This is awesome, man. Nice work! Very beautiful world as always.

My #1 request would be some way to communicate in-game. It wouldn't have to be text chat, but something would be nice. I'm pretty sure I saw you in there and wanted to say hi but couldn't (didn't want to load up IRC).

Couple tips for other players:
  • You can move a lot faster diagonally by tapping two directions at once, I don't have much patience for grinding so I found myself wanting to move very quickly to get to enemies or a health...machine thingy.
  • Attacking seems to be more effective if you do it in a rhythm, like 3-4 times per second. Less or more seemed to not work as well for me.

/////////////////////////
God at play - meaningful games - spiritual games
@godatplay
Maxim Schoemaker
Level 1

Bloh

View Profile WWW
« Reply #130 on: February 22, 2011, 11:47:17 PM »

My #1 request would be some way to communicate in-game. It wouldn't have to be text chat, but something would be nice. I'm pretty sure I saw you in there and wanted to say hi but couldn't (didn't want to load up IRC).

You can! =D If you click on your character you can make messages that consist of 3 characters made from 3x3 pixels (it's hard to explain, but you should see for yourself). It's pretty minimal, but it's enough to say 'hi' with. Even 'hey' is possible :3

increpare
« Reply #131 on: February 23, 2011, 03:42:46 AM »

I tried playing (again) there for a bit, but wasn't really able to figure it out.  Wandered around, killed some things, got killed.  Never got a good sense of orientation.  Didn't figure out speech either, in spite of opening up the editor.
aliceffekt
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #132 on: February 23, 2011, 08:43:41 AM »

I watched my friends play for the first time yesterday and the game is really mean for starters. I went to bed last night thinking of ideas to make it so new players don't somehow end up on F70 and etc.. First step I will draw a little path on the floor to follow for the 3 first levels.

I will add a NPC character that will give out controls and hints too throughout the 3 first levels.

XXIIVV

godatplay
Level 1

Josh

View Profile WWW
« Reply #133 on: February 23, 2011, 09:43:58 AM »

One thing I noticed that would help beginners is that the desktop client seems to show the signs next to what floor/world you're going to enter, whereas the web-based PHP version does not (unless you just added those last night and it was a coincidence). I started playing the web-based PHP version and it took me a few minutes to get the hang of it because I didn't see those signs.

More than that though is that it simply takes time to understand a couple of the symbols in the game. The stairs and ladder are fairly straightforward, but there are several other portal objects that transport you, which can be a little confusing for the first-timer.

One way to make it clear where you're going would be to have something in the interface, like a dialog pop-up, telling you [F1 -> F4] when you travel. Maybe that breaks immersion a little bit, but it might help to see that you're moving from one floor to another. Or maybe just blink the top left corner text or highlight it somehow?

However, overall, the fact that the game has its own symbols that aren't really explained and that you have to learn the hard way really reminds me of Zelda, and I like that and think it gives the game character. But I guess at the same time it makes it a little less friendly, heh.

God at play - meaningful games - spiritual games
@godatplay
James Edward Smith
Level 2

Mover & Shaker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #134 on: February 23, 2011, 09:54:17 AM »

Why not just art up the art on those dangerous portals more? The portals to early levels could look benign and inviting, with lots of NPCs walking into them where as the portals to dangerous areas could look mean and imposing, with the bodies of fake dead noobs serving as fair warning, etc.

That or maybe you could just have state controlled barriers to later portals where as new players can only see or only get to ones to the lower level areas.

Pike `n Shot  the first pshmup ever made. Twitter:@JamesEdSmith
aliceffekt
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #135 on: February 23, 2011, 10:32:23 AM »

godatplay, do you mean these signs

AH ! you guys are so right. Let's take examples on already functioning mechanics

I added a red squirrel that guides you from F1 to F3, I am currently working on the path in F3. Tell me what you guys think. : )

You can warp to F1 from F4 using the portal near the table/bookcases.

XXIIVV

Hangedman
Level 10

Two milkmen go comedy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #136 on: February 23, 2011, 01:34:04 PM »

For the desktop client, the signs take a moment to appear after entering an area. Sometimes a bit longer.

Perhaps add small text underneath the chat icons to explain what they do?
(Cancel/Next/Done)

AUST
ITIAMOSIWE (Play it on NG!) - Vision
There but for the grace of unfathomably complex math go I
aliceffekt
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #137 on: February 24, 2011, 09:54:42 PM »

MMO Game Design is so totally alien to me. I am learning a lot from mistakes, and I am doing lots of them. I have see so many level 1 into high level floors that I figured I should redo the Hayfields and Lumines.

The current version is kind of a WIP, I really need to get some sleep, but I know there are a few broken portals, and a few missing stairs.

I think there are no way back from F14 to F13.

F2 and F6 are a mess. I will fix them up tomorrow when I wake.

Thanks for all the good feedback over IRC, sorry the game died tonight. There was a traffic peak ~

=>

=>
« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 10:10:49 PM by aliceffekt » Logged

XXIIVV

♒ben
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #138 on: February 25, 2011, 05:44:41 AM »

Merveilles makes me smile every time i log on.
Maxim Schoemaker
Level 1

Bloh

View Profile WWW
« Reply #139 on: February 25, 2011, 06:38:27 AM »

Merveilles makes me smile every time i log on.

same here :3

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic