Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411276 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 12:31:28 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsMerveilles MMORPG
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11
Print
Author Topic: Merveilles MMORPG  (Read 49671 times)
deathtotheweird
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2010, 02:28:42 PM »

Here is a video of him bouncing around in a level in M E R V E I L L E S

Might want to turn your sound down beforehand, music is quite loud.

Anyways, it looks good in motion. Not sure if this is a puzzle or just some kind of a test. Either way, great to see it in motion.
aliceffekt
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2010, 03:37:49 PM »

The game mechanics are almost done. Smiley

XXIIVV

Drypoint, Cyanosis, Kanikule, Valentinel, Pierrot Death, Zjeveni, Merveilles, Cenote, Cloud is a Lie, Pico³, Siseon°, Phloston Paradise, Volkenessen, FRACT, Waiting for Horus, Diluvium, Pico Battle, Hiversaires, Melady Antres.
tim-bo-jay
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2010, 03:45:15 PM »

I love the screen shots and the art although am I the only one who finds it all a bit visually confusing?
Carrie Nation
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2010, 03:47:22 PM »

I love the screen shots and the art although am I the only one who finds it all a bit visually confusing?
Well it is aliceffekt...

But yeah I feel like it's just the static nature of the images that is making it confusing. I felt like it made alot more sense in the video alice posted above?
ITS_Mike
Level 3

Programmer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2010, 04:49:29 PM »

The art style looks a little bit like LOVE, but that might just be because they are static screenshots.

aliceffekt
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2010, 10:21:15 PM »

Well it is aliceffekt...

The 3x3x3 grid is really hard one, one laser hit kills.

If all goes well, tomorrow will bring the first playable public builds. Smiley

« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 10:42:52 PM by aliceffekt » Logged

XXIIVV

Drypoint, Cyanosis, Kanikule, Valentinel, Pierrot Death, Zjeveni, Merveilles, Cenote, Cloud is a Lie, Pico³, Siseon°, Phloston Paradise, Volkenessen, FRACT, Waiting for Horus, Diluvium, Pico Battle, Hiversaires, Melady Antres.
Hangedman
Level 10

Two milkmen go comedy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2010, 10:49:48 AM »

Well, this looks freakin' cool. It's like Warsow meets Cyanosis.

AUST
ITIAMOSIWE (Play it on NG!) - Vision
There but for the grace of unfathomably complex math go I
aliceffekt
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2010, 11:43:37 AM »

Thanks : ) The few people who tryed it said it felt a lot like Quake Smiley

XXIIVV

HöllenKobold
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2010, 12:55:34 PM »

It's really intriguing to see you going with a darker mood for this game. Along with the added shooting aspect, I can't wait to play it. I can't wait to be played by it.
Beer!

Hell pits tend to be disguised as
things that would lead a passerby to
not think of them as portals to
eternal gnashing and wailing.
Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2010, 12:59:59 PM »

It's when I see awesome things like these that I wish I could stand working in Unity.

rayteoactive
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2010, 01:13:20 AM »

This so reminds me of MGS2 - in a good way.

nihilocrat
Level 10

Full of stars.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2010, 09:39:16 AM »

Now you've got to put in cutscenes where a particularly over-the-top personality gives a 30-minute monologue about what it's like to be a floating ball.

Also, I assume it's a design decision, but having lifebars on every ball makes the game very visually busy, which can get a bit in the way of picking and aiming at targets. Simply fading a ball to black (or whatever effect you want) as it loses hitpoints would convey the information in a less invasive way.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 09:42:20 AM by nihilocrat » Logged

J. R. Hill
Level 10

hi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2010, 11:56:04 AM »

You could also only display the health bar of a ball that's in the sights, though that'd make it harder to pick targets based on their health.

hi
swordofkings128
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2010, 04:10:51 PM »

this looks likes woaah awesome, but a quick question-

will all the enemies be floating balls? are there going to be other enemies with the same kind of look of the balls, like a robot or something?

looks sweet though, I love the style so far. shooting things is always great and its also one of my favorite game mechanics in games. if you need music, just hit me up. Smiley

Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2010, 04:21:01 PM »

If you notice, there was a being that was a bunch of balls connected by supports. So, they will probably be consisting of the balls, but not all of them are singular; there will probably be large groups of them acting as a single entity.
aliceffekt
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2010, 04:39:53 PM »

nihilocrat - I m thinking, only the targetted ball will display the health bar Smiley like JR Hill suggested.

swordofkings128- will all the enemies be floating balls? Of course not, but they will all be simple and sentry-looking. Cold enemies. Some will be arrays of spheres like Inanimate pointed out. Smiley

We are hard at work into making this little game fun Smiley There is a lot of things to do still. I am hoping to have a public build by thursday. I am moving to Japan for 2 months, I will work on the game a lot while I am there. :D

XXIIVV

Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2010, 05:02:39 PM »

Oh, have fun in Japan dude! Tell us about your experiences there; sounds like a breathtaking place in it's own way.

And, GORGEOUS atmosphere you have in this game. Perfect amounts of dreary colors to create a drab, old feelings. And mixing that with the sleek enemies is definitely an amazing combination.
swordofkings128
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2010, 05:30:39 PM »

I think most enemies should have like a ball head but perhaps some can attach them selves to bodies. like:

*excuse the sloppiness, they are just quick concepts.

perhaps too complex though, it would be pretty cool too if the enemies were balls, but held together with supports like you said. like in humanoid form, like Vectorman I guess. or they could join to form like a tiger skeleton or something.

maybe I'm too jaded by the robots in super budgety type games, or too big of a fan of robots... in any case I'm very interested in this project, and can't wait to know more. Grin

also, have fun in Japan!  Tongue

tim-bo-jay
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2010, 06:40:03 PM »

One idea I may as well throw out there, I like the lack of visual cutter in the way of a HUD, you may want to consider even building the health bar and ammo into the gun (maybe a red line running down the side of the gun for health and ammo is the usual ammo count part on the top that most sci-fi shooters use), it worked very well in games like Dead Space to reduce the amount of info on screen and build the rest into the game world it's self, added an extra chunk of immersion which could look good in this game too Smiley just an idea of course. Gotta say the more I check this game out the more it's growing on me, god I hope my PC will run it lol
Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2010, 07:00:20 PM »

swordofkings128, I don't personally like that suggestion. Making them humanoid is a bad move, in my opinion. The alien-ness of them now adds more to the atmosphere as well.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic