Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411514 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 27, 2024, 12:35:05 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingSpheroid kinda platformer - (not so) subtle direction cues now
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Spheroid kinda platformer - (not so) subtle direction cues now  (Read 1449 times)
Stane
Level 0

View Profile
« on: February 10, 2010, 05:14:46 AM »

Guys could you tell me if direction cues help orientation when world rotation is on.

There is brutal sign telling you where to go to reach exit on every crossroad. Star trails are meant to serve as breadcrumbs to tell you where you have already been, and dark arrows in background to give you sense of direction on each path.

Click here to play
http://www.stane-island.net/games/G1
« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 05:17:53 AM by Stane » Logged
iojoe
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2010, 01:33:51 PM »

I think the signs work well in rotation mode, but might not be need often since, as you say there's the star trail.  I suppose it depends on the complexity of the level.  Good luck with it!
ross
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2010, 01:38:25 PM »

I had no trouble telling where to go; the sign seemed extraneous to me. If you clicked retry twice though, you end up in a weird sideways position and jumping/moving doesn't seem to correct it.
ITS_Mike
Level 3

Programmer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2010, 05:07:57 PM »

None of the keys on my keyboard moved my character (although I found the ammo type key).  I also couldn't move the character with my mouse...  What are the controls for this?

ross
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2010, 06:01:51 PM »

left/right and up arrows. iirc spacebar shoots?
Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2010, 06:16:19 PM »

You already have two other threads for this game.  Please update one of those instead.  I'm locking this one down.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic