Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411276 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 12:09:56 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingSomiumstrike!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Somiumstrike!  (Read 3299 times)
grickmin
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: February 15, 2008, 11:53:43 AM »

Somiumstrike

Description:
A 2-player strategy game which is about to destroy the enemy base. To do this you´ll have to upgrade your age to gain new improvements and units, to collect coins, and of course to survive and battle your enemy!

Enjoy!

Release date: 2/2 2008

Download: www.esop.se/game/somiumstrike.exe

Size 1.56 MB

Please visit grickmin´s forum: http://grickmin.proboards104.com/index.cgi

Guert
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2008, 05:47:44 PM »

Hello there!
Well, you should start off by introducing yourself. We really like to know who the members of this forum are when they ask for feedback Smiley

Take care!

JeffWeber
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2008, 09:15:58 AM »

I downloaded and tried the game. I think you need to include some more instructions or a tutorial level.

I didn't have a clue what to do. I just clicked around for bit and hit some keys.

Did I miss the instructions somehow?  I saw the Info button but that didn't help me much.

I do like the game's look.

-Jeff

Chris Whitman
Sepia Toned
Level 10

A master of karate and friendship for everyone.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2008, 11:38:47 AM »

A 2-player strategy game which is about to destroy the enemy base.

So how much time do we have to prevent this senseless loss of life before the enemy base is destroyed?

Formerly "I Like Cake."
grickmin
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2008, 03:54:25 PM »

There are no instructions more than the little info in the game. I'm sorry for that but I thought that it wasn't too hard to figure out what to do.
Well, you buy units by clicking on the character that is right under the image of the unit. Below the character there is a digit which stands for the amount of coins the unit costs.
The units are all different, just create them and look what they are for. The smallest unit is for collecting coins on the field.

If you have further questions, feel free to send me a pm.
Tex Pine
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2008, 02:48:24 PM »

Would you be thinking on a single-player mode? I don't have anyone to play with.. Sad
MekanikDestructiwKommando
Level 3

Let's ROCK!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2008, 01:20:26 AM »

I really like the look of this game so far.
I was able to understand the controls very easily, and figured out how they work fast too Smiley, I think your interface is fine.
I will play it with a friend at our next gaming meet.

Um, I don't think you should be able to damage your own units with bullets, that feels wrong!!
« Last Edit: February 18, 2008, 01:28:18 AM by MekanikDestructiwKommando » Logged

There have always been interactive experiences that go beyond entertainment.  For example, if mafia games are too fun for you, then you can always join the mafia.
grickmin
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2008, 02:06:11 AM »

Right now I´m working on a sequel which will include AI and more.

Check it out here:
http://grickmin.proboards104.com/index.cgi
Level 3

Let's ROCK!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2008, 11:12:13 PM »

Ok, please really change the fact that bullets can hurt your own units.
Also I think there is too much randomness -- bullets shoot so scattered and some units only go out certain distances there is too much to control.
Great idea, keep working on it.

There have always been interactive experiences that go beyond entertainment.  For example, if mafia games are too fun for you, then you can always join the mafia.
grickmin
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2008, 12:07:16 AM »

Haha, I totally agree about the "shoot your own units thing". I´ve already removed it for Somiumstrike 2. The randomness am I not going to change, though.
Level 3

Let's ROCK!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2008, 04:14:21 PM »

Ok well if you keep randomness make it more predictable -- some units could shoot BACKWARDS, then they would shoot forward a bit, then shoot way forward. They didn't seem to be locking onto anything at all, they just fired. You can't have strategy if the unit behaves completely unpredictably.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic