Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411491 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 04:16:59 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsGiraffeRPG (Tentative Title)
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: GiraffeRPG (Tentative Title)  (Read 8473 times)
J. R. Hill
Level 10

hi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2010, 04:30:33 PM »

Brilliant!  I'll have to make it so when he's in candyland he only skips. Grin

jotapeh, can I do transparency in the tiles?  It would mean you'd have to put layering in the map editor.

Basically because if I don't, I have to do every tile-to-tile transition or limit what we can have next to each other.  Raised platforms would have to be set specifically, etc.  If not, I'll just put the most common transitions in hard-coded.  Keep the rotation in the map editor though, cause we could do some cool gravity-bending maps.  (I'll show you what I mean when I finish with the tiles)

This is what I've finally settled on for tile style, which means I'm gonna be pumping them all out today.  (not finished with this either, just a wip)

When I get to the entities, I'll group them in folders by type.  (plants, trees, bushes, rocks, buildings, etc)  Do you want me to do any xml file or anything with them for dimensions, # of frames, etc?
« Last Edit: March 20, 2010, 04:39:41 PM by JR Hill » Logged

hi
J. R. Hill
Level 10

hi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2010, 08:21:45 PM »

Nevermind, I severely miscalculated my ability to obsess over pixel placement...  This is about 10% of what I wanted to do today. Oh well.

hi
J. R. Hill
Level 10

hi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2010, 09:32:59 PM »

Expect great things around April 12 (I'll be busy/out of town till then...)

hi
jotapeh
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 01, 2010, 11:17:10 AM »

excellent  Hand Thumbs Up Right

I'm transitioning out of my current job and into a new one that's more Flash/iPhone game dev focused, I've got a couple weeks downtime in between those though and should be able to make some fun stuff.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic