Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 02:00:21 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsMetroguevania
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Metroguevania  (Read 2782 times)
Parthon
Level 1

View Profile
« on: February 13, 2010, 07:20:16 PM »

This is the PCG exploration platformer that I've been working on.

You can get the latest version here:

http://www.parthonsoftware.com/Metroguevania.0.0.1.zip

Arrow keys or WASD to move, z to shoot and space to jetpack.

Right now it's just a very basic map->world generator. It might run poorly as the game needs a lot of optimisations.
deathtotheweird
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2010, 07:25:16 PM »

wow this is huge, it opened up a giant 1280x768 window when I started it up. Sounds interesting. Didn't run poorly for me, from what I could tell.
Parthon
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2010, 07:28:09 PM »

Oh yah, sorry about the resolution. It's 640x480 stretched 2x to 1280x960. It looks awesome on my massive monitor, and later I'll include options for lower resolutions.
gunmaggot
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2010, 05:30:42 AM »

Hand Thumbs Up Left

Sweet.  I guess any comments I offer so far are gonna be redundant until there's a little more to see, but so far it's cool, and I approve wholeheartedly of the concept.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2010, 08:48:44 AM »

Nice to see a game arise from a discussion on the Design board.  I'll stay tuned.  Wink
sergiocornaga
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2010, 12:26:06 AM »

Nice work so far. I don't see the point of a jump button. Unless you're planning to have jetpack fuel (or similar) perhaps you should remove it entirely?
Parthon
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2010, 12:49:27 AM »

Sweet.  I guess any comments I offer so far are gonna be redundant until there's a little more to see, but so far it's cool, and I approve wholeheartedly of the concept.
Ty! Comments are always welcome, but yeah, there needs to be more to the game.
Nice to see a game arise from a discussion on the Design board.  I'll stay tuned.  Wink
I had the idea for ages, I even started working on a 3d version, but my 3d art isn't so good. Jumping into the design thread game me motivation to work on it again.

Definitely stay tuned, there's going to be more. Smiley
Nice work so far. I don't see the point of a jump button. Unless you're planning to have jet-pack fuel (or similar) perhaps you should remove it entirely?
I'm going to take the jet-pack out and maybe put it back in as a late game power-up. It's in there at the moment only because it's required. Once I fix the generator so it doesn't create cliffs that are too tall, I will remove it.
ITS_Mike
Level 3

Programmer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2010, 09:19:14 AM »

It's easy to get lost in the huge map, but other than that it seems to be rock solid so far.  I didn't run into any problems while zooming around and shooting blobs, and it ran perfectly smooth on my Pentium 4, 3.0GHz HT CPU with 3GB of RAM and a ATI Radeon X1300 PRO graphics card.

X3N
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2010, 08:08:19 PM »

Looking forward to seeing this progress!
 Cool

destiny is truth pre-op
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic