Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: graysonsolis

April 29, 2024, 01:48:13 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallHasslevania 2 Mini Trailer
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Hasslevania 2 Mini Trailer  (Read 1437 times)
Del_Duio
Level 2

Supreme Omelettelord

View Profile WWW
« on: February 15, 2010, 08:52:42 AM »

I didn't see if there was an exact place to post trailers so I hope this isn't in the wrong spot.

This is a mini trailer for my upcoming game called Hasslevania 2: This Space for Rent, which I've been working on (and off) since December 2007. There's still a lot to do with it- which is kind of deflating- but this one has a lot of improvements over the first as far as engine and design ideas that weren't so popular before with the 1st one.

It's always kind of been nagging at me that the first game had as many issues with it that I later figured out how to solve with the second game, and that TSFR might never get made. It's kind of like I totally bit off way more than I could chew and now I'm kind of in developmental limbo or whatever you guys would call it. I'm sure this has happened to a few of you before, right?

Well anyways, for shits n' giggles here we go. I hope you like it (for all 20 seconds of it at least haha).

H2 homepage: http://del_duio.sitesled.com/Hasslevania2/Hasslevania2.html

DXF Games: Just a Cleric, Equin- The Lantern, Hasslevania, ODW, Neil Peart- Mission: The Camera Eye and more http://dxfgames.com
HöllenKobold
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2010, 08:58:08 AM »

You probably get asked this a lot but is Hasselhoff in it?

Hell pits tend to be disguised as
things that would lead a passerby to
not think of them as portals to
eternal gnashing and wailing.
Del_Duio
Level 2

Supreme Omelettelord

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2010, 09:02:26 AM »

Not exactly but the ice planet is called HOFF hahaha...
Hasslehoff and Star Wars, how could I resist?

DXF Games: Just a Cleric, Equin- The Lantern, Hasslevania, ODW, Neil Peart- Mission: The Camera Eye and more http://dxfgames.com
ITS_Mike
Level 3

Programmer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2010, 09:30:37 AM »

This looks like a rather random game, but that is probably the point Smiley  It's difficult to say much else from just a trailer, but it appears to be a fun game.

About biting off more than you can chew: Yeah, that happened with my main project.  It has been in development since mid-2005.  I "solved" the problem by deciding to release pre-alpha builds to the public as small games (I call these "previews").  Each preview will have it's own beta and everything.  I'm not sure if this is a viable option for you, but I do recommend looking into the possibility  Coffee

jrjellybeans
Level 3

They're All Gonna Laugh At You

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2010, 10:19:43 AM »

Doesn't look half bad!

I remember seeing a video of the first game.  It looks like you put in a ton of work.  Congrats!

Del_Duio
Level 2

Supreme Omelettelord

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2010, 06:32:39 AM »

Thanks guys, yes I put a lot of work into it in fact this might be what kills me dead in the end.  Shocked

If it seems random well the good thing is that when you're dealing with outer space you're also dealing with a limitless boundary type of thing. Practically anything can be out there and it'd still make (some sort) of sense. And in H2's case I'm going to make sure there's all sorts of weird crap in there. The story's a lot bigger this time around which of course means even more awful voiceovers than ever before. (I can't wait for this part to be honest  Cheesy)

It's also very refreshing to not have to worry about being stuck in the confines of a big stone castle. I'm really happy that I don't think anybody will say this is a Castlevania clone this time around (if that was said before with the other one). Of course you want your game to be original.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic