Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 06:04:32 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsUnlike Roguelike
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Unlike Roguelike  (Read 6381 times)
JackieJay
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2010, 02:45:27 PM »

Love the name.  Corny Laugh

I'm gonna try this later  Gentleman

Sean A.
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2010, 07:36:09 PM »

Sweet, I don't really like the name but whatever. Anyway I'm working on the attacking system right now and it's gonna be pretty cool, stay tuned, same rogue-time, same rogue-channel.
Sean A.
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2010, 08:40:36 PM »

Alright progress update. I am working on the attacking system with both the guns and grenades and melee. It's coming along well, all of the guns and their ammo types are already working, I'm working on the grenades right now. I also fixed a bug where when you expanded certain menus the selection cursor would jump to a different menu selection. Also a bug with the enemy AI will be fixed where if you stand in a doorway (on top of the door) the enemy won't chase you but you can still shoot them. I also have some unfortunate news. As I continue to make progress the weapon code is getting very convoluted and it will be very difficult to add new weapons in so most likely you will be stuck with the 4 guns. But since each gun has 5 ammo types and there are 5 grenades and a melee attack: 4x5+5+1=26 . Which means there will still be 26 different ways you can injure the enemy.

Edit: Here's a screenshot of me using the pistol with exploding rounds. You'll notice the yellow selection cursor things showing the area of effect. The chance of a hit (different for each gun) and all of the ammo types and guns in the menu on the right. Bonus reveals for you guys!
« Last Edit: March 20, 2010, 08:45:00 PM by Sean Amadio » Logged
Sean A.
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2010, 05:28:49 PM »

Alright I've been working hard and the next update should be out within the next couple of days. Every single weapon and ammo type is working and I a fixed the doorway bug aswell as tweaked the HUD. The only thing I'm adding before the I release the update is the is being able to set enemies on fire, electrocute them and leave chemical burns on them. See you at the next update.
Sean A.
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2010, 08:35:40 PM »

The update is live with tons of features. Combat, refined A.I., bug fixes streamlined hud. It's got it all. Of course the main thing here is to be able to fight back. In the update I loaded your arsenal with 3 of each grenade, all of the weapons and 20 rounds for each ammo type. What isn't in this update are items like the medkit and energy drink being in there. Anyway check it out and give me some feedback!
Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2010, 10:13:40 PM »

That is awesome! This is definitely going to become an amazing game.
Sean A.
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2010, 01:05:41 PM »

Thanks a lot! Any feedback and things to improve?
Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2010, 01:27:47 PM »

Thanks a lot! Any feedback and things to improve?

I found the menu system a teensy bit cumbersome at times, mostly from there not being an 'exit' shortcut, which would greatly help matters.
Sean A.
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2010, 01:32:36 PM »

Well during the menu since I have the left and right keys open I was considering having left jump to the top and right jump to the bottom (exit).
Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2010, 02:50:00 PM »

More what I meant was, it'd be nice if I could select gun, and then just press B or something to pop out, and so when I go back to the menu I'll already be on 'gun'.
Sean A.
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2010, 06:06:43 PM »

Well I could change one of those keys to exit shortcut but I'm still trying to keep it to arrow keys and space bar.
Bood_war
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2010, 11:59:34 AM »

I agree with Inanimate.

If you really want to be a purist, make it so that left or right arrow closes menu.

Sean A.
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2010, 12:43:46 PM »

I'm working on it. Also the cursor will stay in the same place when you close and open the menu, so you can leave it on your favourite weapon or item. I'm working on the bigger picture now though and so far the level setup will be similar to Spelunky. I'm going to have 10 levels and then the boss. The boosters you collect (atk, def, rng and loot) can be added permanently if you find a merchant in the later levels and purchase that service from him. There will also be merchants along the way selling ammo, weapons and items. Stay tuned.
Sean A.
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2010, 07:17:10 PM »

I had a bit of a pause in development due to midterms but I'm back working again. I have an intro done and the main menu working. Also I have put in reading and writing from an external text file that will hold your stats. It will be open to edit, so if you want like a god mode, you can go and edit the numbers to something ridiculous. The music is another thing I've been working on. I have the intro/menu music done but I can't seem to get anything that sounds good for the in-game stuff. I've been through three or four different ones but I didn't really like the way they turned out. Anyway that's just how things are going. The next update might not be out for a bit so don't hold your breath but when it does come out it will hopefully add quite a bit of stuff.
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic