Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411492 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 04:23:54 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsHiddenThe DromeValley of the DeadUnpaid WorkRekcahDam Writes Awesome Music...... FOR FREE!!!111
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: RekcahDam Writes Awesome Music...... FOR FREE!!!111  (Read 2518 times)
rekcah
Level 1

PulseBoy.com

View Profile WWW
« on: February 17, 2010, 02:30:19 AM »

Note: For those who hate reading long posts.... just read the words in bold  Smiley!

Hello,

I'm Roger (aka RekcahDam).

I write music.

I write awesome music.

I write awesome music for free..... for the most part.

It depends on the type of project it is. If its a game that is being released for free then I wont mind writing music for free. If you're selling the game then obviously we'll have to work out some type of contractual agreement. But, I'll be happy just to get credit for my music.

No.. I'm not a shitty composer... at least I don't think I am. I just want to widen my opportunity to work on some awesome projects.

If you want to hear general examples of my work go to http://myspace.com/rekcahdam. I'm currently working with an hip hop artist so you'll find 3 hip hop tracks on there... If you don't like hip hop skip the tracks named "Feel This", "Everyone's Gone" and "Worth Waiting For". But, they are good songs... so you should listen to them if you're curious!

If you want to hear my 8bit music check out my 8bitcollective account at http://8bitcollective.com/members/rekcahdam/. My latest song is called "Dance, NOW!".

I have written music for several games now, 4 of which are my own games. You can check out my games at www.rekcahdam.com.

Contact me by email at [email protected] ! As you can see, I'm very laid back but I can get serious when I need to. But making music is fun so it brings out the "kool" person in me lawl!

UPDATE: I just made a new posted a few tracks from the Soundtrack of my latest game, Wings of Apocalypse X, you should check it out http://wingsofapocalypsex.blogspot.com/2010/03/sound-track.html

« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 12:05:53 AM by rekcah » Logged

Skofo
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2010, 02:25:11 PM »

I read the post, but all I got from it was:

I have no modesty.

On a serious note, your music is actually pretty damn cool.  Smiley I'd be proud to have your stuff in my stuff, if I were making any stuff. Hope you find someone to work with!

If you wish to make a video game from scratch, you must first invent the universe.
rekcah
Level 1

PulseBoy.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2010, 11:33:54 PM »

I read the post, but all I got from it was:

I have no modesty.

On a serious note, your music is actually pretty damn cool.  Smiley I'd be proud to have your stuff in my stuff, if I were making any stuff. Hope you find someone to work with!

LMAO! HEY! I'm am modest. I just like to spice things up a bit LOL. Oh well... I'm glad you like my music!

X3N
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2010, 11:43:18 PM »

Oh hey, you're doing the music for WoA. Cool.

destiny is truth pre-op
J. R. Hill
Level 10

hi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2010, 08:34:28 AM »

Kick hat snare hat?  I'll check out more of your music later I guess.

hi
goara
Level 0

hm..?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2010, 02:20:14 PM »

hey!

are you interested in making a music for a "ghost/monster/spooky-things photography game"?
i can send you a demo of what it looks like right now, just pm me.
the theme would have to be something more on the darker side, but not really too serious i guess, because the game is also not very serious...look at my avatar.

if you think this would be fun for you to do, i'd wish for you to do it Smiley
J. R. Hill
Level 10

hi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2010, 09:26:09 PM »

Kick hat snare hat?  I'll check out more of your music later I guess.
I checked out more of your stuff, at first I guess I just clicked on something that sounded (to me) pretty generic but now that I've looked at more of your stuff, it's aces man.  I love the narration and soundtrack and visual style of rComplex to death.

hi
rekcah
Level 1

PulseBoy.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2010, 12:05:05 AM »

I haven't checked this thread in awhile! Sorry guys!

hey!

are you interested in making a music for a "ghost/monster/spooky-things photography game"?
i can send you a demo of what it looks like right now, just pm me.
the theme would have to be something more on the darker side, but not really too serious i guess, because the game is also not very serious...look at my avatar.

if you think this would be fun for you to do, i'd wish for you to do it Smiley

Sure! I'm interested I sent you a PM already!

Kick hat snare hat?  I'll check out more of your music later I guess.
I checked out more of your stuff, at first I guess I just clicked on something that sounded (to me) pretty generic but now that I've looked at more of your stuff, it's aces man.  I love the narration and soundtrack and visual style of rComplex to death.

Thanks! I just made a new posted a few tracks from the Soundtrack of my latest game, Wings of Apocalypse X, you should check it out http://wingsofapocalypsex.blogspot.com/2010/03/sound-track.html

EDIT: Heres the track from rComplex. Just for you JR Hill =) http://soundcloud.com/rekcahdam/runb-tch
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 12:34:33 AM by rekcah » Logged

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic