Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411428 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 01:36:11 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsHiddenThe DromeValley of the DeadUnpaid WorkNeed pixel artist.
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Need pixel artist.  (Read 2167 times)
Relix
Level 4

View Profile
« on: February 17, 2010, 10:39:02 AM »

I'm making a freeware game and I want your help!

I'll tell about myself and the game a bit:

I've been programming for some odd years now, currently a second year student in University of Kuopio studying computer science. Even though I've the skills to do the code work for the game I'm making, I do not posses the artistic talent to create the other assets. I've made some small games in the years, but I've acces to only one of them at the moment.

Here are some screen of it, it was made with java:
http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/7439/alienlemonsbeta3.png
http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/865/alienlemonsbeta2.png
http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/987/alienlemonsbeta.png
I can do a little bit better pixels now, but not good enough for my or the public taste.

The game I'm making, is kinda hybrid between Megaman (X) and Zelda. It takes the fast paced combat and puzzles from them. You also gain new abilities and skills, as well new itemies through the game. It has open world with dungeons and caverns, but it's not a metroidvania.

The game's setting is alternative western times, where people have discovered almost everlasting peace. There's one kindom that hostes friendly tournaments where every country sends their best soldier to compete. The game's main character arrives at said kindom near the beginning of the game as the story starts to unfold.

So, like the title says, I need a pixel artist and soundman. I can do some pixel work myself, but mostly tile work only.

If you are interested, see my devlog (a bit outdated at the moment though, mostly because I've been building a map editor for it) for graphical style example. Animation skills required.

For music, I'd really like to use the PxTone format, PtTune, but I can easily settle with Ogg Vorbis format. For style, I'm wanting something close to Megaman (X/Zero/Zx) stylish, with Zelda like feel. Epic and catchy techno, perhaps.

For sound effects, the standard fare will do. Maybe some voice works (grunts ect.) for the main characters.

Music and sound effects man filled.

I mostly work on the game itself (at this point of developement) when I get new stuff to code in, like graphics - so getting new graphics also works like a motivator for me.

Best way would be to contact me with a pm or by posting in this topic.

Cheers;  
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 09:35:35 AM by Relix » Logged

compound
Level 0

Help

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2010, 04:33:05 PM »

Hello, I'd be willing to do sound effects and music for you if you haven't found anybody yet  Hand Fork Left
Relix
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2010, 11:08:29 PM »

Sent you a reply.

Relix
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2010, 09:36:22 AM »

Still looking for pixel artist.

Relix
Level 4