Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 06:13:57 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsGAMMA (Moderator: fish)C4Ke [Released]
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: C4Ke [Released]  (Read 31315 times)
Alec
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« on: February 17, 2010, 04:01:43 PM »

C4Ke didn't make the cut, so now you can download it. Smiley

http://infiniteammo.ca/blog/have-some-c4ke/

« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 09:38:19 PM by Alec » Logged

deathtotheweird
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2010, 04:09:25 PM »

Love the gamma4 intro screen! As soon as I get 4 people I'll give this a shot, looks fun.
aeiowu
Level 10

Greg Wohlwend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2010, 04:14:09 PM »

looks beautiful! we're definitely gonna hit this up at our co-op night next tuesday. Smiley
 Beer!

knight
Level 3

aka dude4k

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2010, 04:57:58 PM »

Holy @#$& that looks beautiful! dling.....
Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2010, 06:25:20 PM »

So purdy! Hand Clap

Reminds me of Rampart, which is awesome.
tyronehenrie
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2010, 06:25:36 PM »

Love the style, and the production values are superb. Need to try this with some friends.

nihilocrat
Level 10

Full of stars.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2010, 06:32:49 PM »

4 player games represent!

I have a cheap keyboard so I can't hold down all the default keys at once. Had to remap to some wonky keys. Looks really awesome and potentially really fun. Hard to determine because I haven't got friends to try it out with right now. The pirate ships invading are a cool touch, and the intro screen adds a lot of polish.

SophieH
Level 0

(\^3^)/ Q(>.<Q)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2010, 07:02:57 PM »

I've already said it, but its worth saying twice, I love this, and it makes me want to have more friends :B

Kaelan
Level 1

Malcontent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2010, 08:49:20 PM »

Looks and feels sexy. Can't wait to try this out with four people.

CiroContinisio
Level 3

Eat this!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2010, 04:05:23 AM »

Alec, it is really good. Now you only need a catchy tune for it!! That would make it awesome. Try asking this friend of mine, maybe he can come up with something.

Alec
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2010, 08:13:06 AM »

Alec, it is really good. Now you only need a catchy tune for it!! That would make it awesome. Try asking this friend of mine, maybe he can come up with something.

Yeah, 'cause lord knows I can't write tunes. Wink

Matt G
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2010, 09:40:39 AM »

I liked how the sound of the guns firing, shots landing, etc. made a soundtrack of its own. Especially when the boats came in, they added a rhythm to it all. I love the visual design. I'm guessing everything was done with primitives inside unity?
Alec
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2010, 09:58:04 AM »

I'm guessing everything was done with primitives inside unity?

Yeah! The goal was to build everything out of the basic cube. Smiley

(which I gave up on for some text I suppose)

Matt G
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2010, 10:14:58 AM »

I'm guessing everything was done with primitives inside unity?

Yeah! The goal was to build everything out of the basic cube. Smiley

(which I gave up on for some text I suppose)

Awesome, mission accomplished! Between this and watching your videos, I definitely want to work with Unity in the future.
nihilocrat
Level 10

Full of stars.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2010, 12:53:28 PM »

PROTIP: Notice how there are two teams; the game can still be effectively played as a two-button game by just two people, though with an annoying bit of attention splitting.

fucrate
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2010, 03:06:04 PM »

The pirate ships are awesome, blowing them up feels really great.
CiroContinisio
Level 3

Eat this!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2010, 10:09:42 AM »

Yeah, 'cause lord knows I can't write tunes. Wink

Yeah, actually I even knew that you wrote that soundtrack, but given the fact that I never played Acquaria I didn't make the connection. Sorry.

aeiowu
Level 10

Greg Wohlwend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2010, 11:34:54 AM »

Had a chance to play this a few nights ago and had a good bit of fun! The charm of the whole game really comes through when playing and I really appreciate all the subtle touches. Smiley

After a few play-throughs we we're pretty well versed in the gameplay and it began to get pretty competitive. A few different strategies emerged, one guy basically just focused on the occasional power-up while taking out the nearest enemy castle and that worked quite well. I tried the same tactic, but I was purple which was actually a disadvantage since I couldn't see the ball-thingy when my aimer was on the enemy castle. The camera angle is nice but leaves that a bit lopsided. Maybe the ball-thingy could display over top of the castle or the castle could go slightly transparent when that happened.

None of us ever got around to being good enough to pick out enemy ships (both in the air or the sea) so the prevailing strategies were power-ups and castle shooting. Though if an enemy ship was carrying some gold and you were in reasonable range, there was definitely the temptation to take it down.

I thought it was an incredibly deep and involving game with a lot of fun to be had for all. Really really great job on this. If you were to take it further I'd maybe play up a bit more reward for taking down enemy ships or something so that strategy is more attractive.

Gentleman

Alec
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2010, 11:44:48 AM »

Thanks for the feedback! Smiley

Yeah, having the target spheres draw overtop of the geometry would be a good idea.

Interesting to hear that taking down enemy airships was too tough to get a handle on, it seemed to happen a lot (both on purpose and by accident) during play testing. It's a tricky balance, because if taking out ships is too easy nobody will get any resources at all...

But yeah, glad you guys enjoyed it.  Beer!

increpare
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2010, 12:27:03 PM »

I tried it out there - it was fun (*especially* trying to find out a non-conflicting set of key-bindings : P), though there was a certain slowness to the pacing that felt a little off to me.  Though I haven't played it multiplayer.  I'll definitely see if I can get some people to give it a try next time I have people over though : )
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic