Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411500 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 01:32:23 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessCreating a pricing strategy
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Author Topic: Creating a pricing strategy  (Read 14720 times)
Oddball
Level 10

David Williamson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: April 11, 2010, 03:00:51 AM »

Not sure about other parts of the world, but here in the UK false advertising is only really applicable if it was used to get you to a shop under false pretences. Incorrectly priced items are not criminal as prices are not set until money changes hands. Like I say this might only apply to the UK though.

Eraser
« Reply #61 on: April 11, 2010, 07:59:02 PM »

Not sure about other parts of the world, but here in the UK false advertising is only really applicable if it was used to get you to a shop under false pretences. Incorrectly priced items are not criminal as prices are not set until money changes hands. Like I say this might only apply to the UK though.
That's silly. Do you have commercials for $.01 cars then? They car companies wouldn't get in trouble, after all. My point: I'm pretty sure there's a law disallowing false advertising like this, or  you would see commercials similar to my example.
Oddball
Level 10

David Williamson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: April 12, 2010, 02:51:06 AM »

Sorry I think you have misunderstood me. A car advertisement for a $.01 car would be false advertising as it is designed to bring you to the car showroom with an offer that doesn't exist. However, if you are already at the car showroom and one of the price tags on a car says $.01 then that is not false advertising, just priced wrong. The sales guy would tell you the mistake and nothing illegal would have happened. My point here is if you are already at the games product page then, in the UK at least, that is not false advertising, merely priced wrong.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 02:56:32 AM by Oddball » Logged

Christian Knudsen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: April 12, 2010, 04:27:08 AM »

I just experienced this a couple of days ago while renting a movie at Blockbuster. Some guy wanted to buy a game because it was very cheap. The clerk told him it had been priced incorrectly. The customer just shrugged and left the store slightly disappointed. Nobody called the cops! Grin

Besides, according to Tommy, the app store plainly had Zits & Giggles priced as $299.99.

Laserbrain Studios
Currently working on Hidden Asset (TIGSource DevLog)
AuthenticKaizen
Freeware Ninja
Level 10

*Prestige Worldwide*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: April 18, 2010, 01:06:34 AM »

interesting article with adam "atomic" saltsman
Finding The Sweet Spot: Pricing For Independent Games
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/4241/finding_the_sweet_spot_pricing_.php

PixelProspector.com - the indie goldmine + Marketing Guide for Indie Game Developers             
“Knowing is not enough, you must apply; willing is not enough, you must do.” (Bruce Lee)
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: April 18, 2010, 07:23:38 AM »

interesting article with adam "atomic" saltsman
Finding The Sweet Spot: Pricing For Independent Games
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/4241/finding_the_sweet_spot_pricing_.php

when it's considered revolutionary to price your game at 3$ rather than 1$, that's kinda sad

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic