Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411493 Posts in 69372 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 05:50:35 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsHiddenThe DromeValley of the DeadUnpaid WorkArtist looking for Programer Collaboration on Flash Game.
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Artist looking for Programer Collaboration on Flash Game.  (Read 1871 times)
jcsymmes
Level 0

View Profile
« on: February 21, 2010, 11:37:33 AM »

INTERGALACTIC SPACE ROMANCE

“As we entered the Antripodal space, I gazed upon my companion craft. I loved with the passion of a millon quasars. But as we entered the strange expanse I felt a dread”

-Opening text Screen

I am an artist looking for a programer to help design and program a short flash game. It's a game that plays around with the specific anonymity and associations of multiplayer games on the internet, and let it explore some of the dark side of human relationship.

The idea is a typical side scrolling shooter of the shoot and fly genre, similar to r type and gladius.  It has a  typical powerups(spread, laser, etc). However its  multiplayer. There's a second player control ship on the screen at the same time-and there is friendly fire. Its quite possible to shoot and kill the person with you, either by accident or on purpose.

If  either player dies, the game is over.   The game can continue, but only if both players do so within 30 seconds using an arcade style continue screen.

After a few typical waves of enemies. We get into the boss battles of each level. This is the heart of the game. At first the boss looks vaguely like the second ship, just vaguely possible to mistake. However at the end of each level the boss and player 2 are harder to tell them apart and as such increasingly hard to  to tell if its trying to help you or hurt you. 

In the final level the games boss is totally identical to the other player and you can't see the other players health bar- you don't know which ship your helping or killing. 

Naturally this is all reversed for the other player, who can kill you and will mistake you for the boss. The game explores issues of trust and responsibility to others.

Bellow is some of my concept  art for the game. I am trying to combine 3D and 2D Elements in the sprites to give the game a surreal visually striking look, that gets stranger as the game goes deeper.  As much as possible i want to fully animate the biomechanical universe. I can't afford to pay for programing but can supply all the in game artwork and animation, and help as much as possible with design and implementation.I am planning of distibuing it though normal free channels,but open to other methods.

I realize that it is rare for a game artist to approach programers for collaboration. Its usually the other way around. However why not?  As programing it shouldn't be to tricky to do, but I hope it will be an interesting exercise.

Concept Art Assets:

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic