Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411275 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 09:23:26 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsGAMMA (Moderator: fish)RingRun by Kalio [RELEASED]
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: RingRun by Kalio [RELEASED]  (Read 5405 times)
cigumo
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: February 21, 2010, 01:00:14 PM »

We didn't make it either, so here it is:  RingRun

We got our rejection yesterday afternoon, so I believe we were very close!

I hope the Kokoromi team makes a huge post with all the entries that didn't make it. There are tons of interesting games in here and it will be a real shame for all this to be completely forgotten.

In any case, many thanks to Kokoromi for their hard work, the challenge and the opportunity!

Golds
Loves Juno
Level 10

Juno sucks

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2010, 01:24:30 PM »

Just spent some time playing it.  The mechanic is really cool and interesting, and the package feels very polished.

I played it alone, and I'd actually be interested to see the single player pushed further.  It'd be great if there were bigger arenas, more types of curves (bezier patches / splines), to construct crazier levels, and environmental hazards and enemies to make this more like a pacman on crack.

But as a competitive multiplayer it seems like it could be fun.  It'd be nice if there was more visual feedback for collecting coins, a bloomed out effect on the players showing their relative strength, that you can knock down by colliding them or what have you.

In any case, fun and polished!  I like your design sense!

@doomlaser, mark johns
cigumo
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2010, 01:29:28 PM »

Golds,

many thanks for your comments!

This version is definitely better for multiplayer, by design.

We're hard at work right now, porting it to the iPhone/iPad, and  trying to make the single player mode much more interesting. Thanks for your ideas Smiley

dkoontz
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2010, 02:24:36 AM »

Very nice, and as Golds mentioned, very polished.  I think you'll have quite a nice iPhone game when you're done porting.  I would ++ to the need for varied arenas in a finished product.  Great start guys.
PlayMeTape
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2010, 02:46:18 AM »

This looks so awesome! Wish I had a mac to play it.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic