Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1356133 Posts in 62807 Topics- by 54596 Members - Latest Member: NateA6

February 20, 2019, 06:38:32 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsGAMMA (Moderator: fish)RingRun by Kalio [RELEASED]
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: RingRun by Kalio [RELEASED]  (Read 2446 times)
cigumo
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: February 21, 2010, 01:00:14 PM »

We didn't make it either, so here it is:  RingRun

We got our rejection yesterday afternoon, so I believe we were very close!

I hope the Kokoromi team makes a huge post with all the entries that didn't make it. There are tons of interesting games in here and it will be a real shame for all this to be completely forgotten.

In any case, many thanks to Kokoromi for their hard work, the challenge and the opportunity!

Golds
Loves Juno
Level 8

Juno sucks

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2010, 01:24:30 PM »

Just spent some time playing it.  The mechanic is really cool and interesting, and the package feels very polished.

I played it alone, and I'd actually be interested to see the single player pushed further.  It'd be great if there were bigger arenas, more types of curves (bezier patches / splines), to construct crazier levels, and environmental hazards and enemies to make this more like a pacman on crack.

But as a competitive multiplayer it seems like it could be fun.  It'd be nice if there was more visual feedback for collecting coins, a bloomed out effect on the players showing their relative strength, that you can knock down by colliding them or what have you.

In any case, fun and polished!  I like your design sense!

@doomlaser, mark johns
cigumo
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2010, 01:29:28 PM »

Golds,

many thanks for your comments!

This version is definitely better for multiplayer, by design.

We're hard at work right now, porting it to the iPhone/iPad, and  trying to make the single player mode much more interesting. Thanks for your ideas Smiley

dkoontz
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2010, 02:24:36 AM »

Very nice, and as Golds mentioned, very polished.  I think you'll have quite a nice iPhone game when you're done porting.  I would ++ to the need for varied arenas in a finished product.  Great start guys.
PlayMeTape
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2010, 02:46:18 AM »

This looks so awesome! Wish I had a mac to play it.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic