Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411488 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 29, 2024, 03:26:04 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)CreativeLet's all write a story! (six pages up)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Author Topic: Let's all write a story! (six pages up)  (Read 10092 times)
PoV
Level 5

Click on the eye and something might happen..maybe

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2010, 07:35:48 PM »

Uh oh.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 07:46:42 PM by PoV » Logged

Mike Kasprzak | Sykhronics Entertainment - Smiles (HD), PuffBOMB, towlr, Ludum Dare - Blog
PaleFox
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2010, 09:26:43 PM »

Well! That is 20 people for sure, so sign ups are officially closed. I'll notify the first author. Hopefully this can be gotten on the road soon.
Ashkin
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2010, 10:36:44 PM »

Well, now I'm embarrassed because I feel like I'm taking up space... And I'm probably the youngest.

Embarrassed
Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2010, 12:45:58 AM »

Stop that! Angry

Ashkin
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2010, 12:42:14 PM »

Wink

So, are chapters done in order of sign-up, or what?
PaleFox
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2010, 07:26:11 PM »

Because of a few issues and such, the order is that which is in the first post -- Bobo is starting it off, and a few people who were nervous or what have you have been moved about. Hopefully the first page will be up in a few days or so!
Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2010, 03:04:50 PM »

This will truly be glorious with Smithy penning the ending.
Jo-o
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2010, 04:09:55 PM »

anybody who is not from a country that speaks english ?
(I'm from brazil I'll be practicing my writing I promise)

Smithy
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2010, 10:23:54 AM »

Hello? Is anybody here...?

Echo!

(Echo! Echo! Echo!)

Ashkin
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2010, 10:29:57 AM »

PF forgot to remind Bobo, so somebody remind him to remind Bobo to do some work.
PaleFox
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2010, 11:14:35 AM »

Theo has agreed to write the first page, now. Hopefully something will come of that.

This is taking longer to get started than I thought it would, certainly. Apologies!
Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2010, 03:09:59 PM »

Not a problem! Glad to see it making progress, at the least!
Ashkin
« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2010, 07:27:28 PM »

Yeah! I hope Theo is as good with writing as he is with art.
 Wink
Bree
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2010, 11:08:05 AM »

Thanks for the vote of confidence. Smiley

Here's what I've written:

“Oops.”

There are accidents, there are stupid accidents, and then there’s this. Kneeling before me was the soon-to-be-dead Franco Garnini, part-time gangster and stooge for Mama Pidgin. It wasn’t that I cared much for Franco- he always rolled his ‘R’s too much and quoted Pulp Fiction whenever possible. No, the major reason I had soggy trousers that morning was that Garnini happened to be Mama Pidgin’s favorite nephew. Lord knows how many of those she had, but they all worked like hell to compete for her attention. For some reason, Mama Pidgin designated me as a babysitter for Franco a while back, and it’s probably one of the worst things to have ever happened to me.

No one will believe me, but Franco was asking for it. Literally. Guy walks into my apartment while I’m sorting my laundry, hands me a gun, tells me to shoot him. I just give him this dopey expression, for like five minutes, and he says it again. “Shoot me. I dare you.” Granted, I shoulda been used to this by now. Franco was always a little loopy in the head- he never wanted to be a don or nothing. He just liked doing other people’s dirty work, called himself a “physical manifestation of the world’s inherent chaos”. Betcha five bucks he picked that up from a comic book.  I figure he wants to do some shtick he saw in Dirty Harry, so I oblige. I ask him if he has body armor on, and he just smiles at me.  I’m still a little suspicious, but like I said, this is nothing he hasn’t done before.
 Just last year, we were at a wedding, for Jordan Aleph and Sandra Zapati- cute couple, those two. Anyways, Franco’s been drinking a little bit too much wine, and he stumbles over to me and says he wants to get into a fight. He looks at me, and sputters, “I want you to hit me as hard as you can.” And God knows I woulda done it too, no questions asked, but it was the couple’s dance, and Jordan had asked me to be his best man.  I couldn’t just interrupt his day to kick the snot out of this shlub. I woulda walked out right then and there, but who do I see? Mama Pidgin leering from across the room, cappuccino in hand and giving me that judgmental stare that’s the stuff of legend.  What Mama’s boy wants, Mama’s boy gets, no matter how expensive, insane, or just plain stupid.  Long story short, I give him one weak punch across the face, he flails for a bit and tries to hit me, and the two of us get kicked out. Mama was pleased, and Franco took pride in embellishing the story after his bruises healed, but the Aleph and Zapati families still give me dagger-eyes  at the meetings.

So here comes Franco again with some stupid ballsy stunt, and I’m gonna have to go along with it again. Franco’s been doing this shit for as long as he’s been in the family, and the only reason I bother putting up with it is because if I don’t, I’d be upsetting one of the biggest crime lords in all of Chicago. There he was, crumpling my neatly folded socks under his boots, a gun placed at my feet and his arms raised in some Biblical pose.  What’s a guy to do? He says it a third time through gritted teeth. “Shoot me, Selick. Shoot me.”

So I did.
Bood_war
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2010, 05:15:15 PM »

(Alright, I'll have my page done sometime in the near future. This text will be replaced with my page)

Bree
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2010, 01:42:57 PM »

What are the deadlines for each participant, by the way?
PaleFox
« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2010, 11:31:03 PM »

The deadline is supposed to be a week, so his page should presumably be done today or tomorrow. Unless something comes up, which it always does in this sort of thing...
Chaoseed
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2010, 05:30:50 PM »

Ow, I'm sorry I missed getting in on this one...

Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2010, 05:36:04 PM »

So do we keep waiting for Bood, or what?
Bood_war
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: April 01, 2010, 05:47:31 AM »

Bang.

For such an important sound, the gun was pretty quiet. Granted, it was only a little .22 semi-auto, but still. A small bark, a bright flash, and it was over. Standing back I looked down at my now-rumpled shocks, looking for the lead that had bounced off a him. Not seeing it, my eyes wandered up to Frankie’s chest. My hand went numb when I saw a trickle of blood running down his expensive vest - a gift from Momma no doubt. The gun clattered to the floor before I even realized I let go of it.

A laugh made the rest of my body go numb. Franco was still kneeling in front a me, but he was laughing. “You should see the look on your face, Selick.” Blood ran from the corners of his mouth.

“Franco” My voice came out shaking, maybe like the of a kid who had gotten in a fight, and knocked his buddy unconscious. “What kind of shit are you trying to pull?”

“I really fooled you” The look on my face – puzzled, confused, and worried – prompted him on.
“I picked up this some blank rounds from Donnie. Got ‘em real cheap too.”

He gave me this real dopey smile, as if this was explanation enough. In some ways it was. Then the bullet that I was pretty sure was lodged in his heart, decided that he had had enough conversation, and it was goodnight sweet Frankie. I picked the gun back up, taking out the clip. All of the bullets in the near full clip were real. A few of them were frag rounds even. Thank got one of them them hadn’t been in the chamber. That would have been one hell of a mess.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic