Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 09:23:12 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsHiddenThe DromeValley of the DeadUnpaid WorkLooking for pixel artist for sci-fi Metroidvania game
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Looking for pixel artist for sci-fi Metroidvania game  (Read 1571 times)
Dark Link
Level 0

View Profile
« on: February 24, 2010, 01:35:40 PM »

Recently I've come up with the idea for a Metroidvania game, made with Game Maker (once I learn how to effectively use it, hehe). Unfortunately, I'm not too good at pixelling  Facepalm. I have a sprite I'd like to use for it, but unfortunately I only have one, made by a friend as an example of his skills (he then disappeared off of the face of the Earth  Lips Sealed). Anyway, what I'm looking for is as follows:

Player Character

Does not need to be in the same style, feel free to alter him to your own style, but I'd like one at least similar to it, if possible Smiley

*Full running loop, posed for editing in weapons
*Jumping poses
*Idle poses
*Death and hurt animations

And here's the original sprite.

Yeah, as you can see, the chest area is obscured. I suppose that means that you guys get complete artistic license to design what you think the chestplate should look like Smiley

Tilesets

The game would take place on several different environments, but none of these have been finalised yet. Nonetheless, there will be more info soon Smiley

Weapons

Various weapons, but all variations on the rifle template (such as the one shown in the example). Again, needs to be finalised, but will include:
Electrobeam
Rocket Launcher
Pulse Rifle
Thermogun (incendiary rifle)
Plasma Rifle
Lasergun
and others. No need to worry about special effects, I have those sorted Smiley

Is there anyone willing to help? Or even multiple people? All available help would be appreciated.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 02:17:48 PM by Dark Link » Logged
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic