Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411514 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 27, 2024, 01:33:56 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsSo when is the next challenge/comp?
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: So when is the next challenge/comp?  (Read 10493 times)
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2010, 10:20:16 AM »

It's not exactly going to be official. It's gonna be mostly me working on it with helpers.

Doesn't seem like Derek will be too much help to it either, but we're doing this either way, because fuck it.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
Ashkin
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2010, 11:35:39 AM »

Oh yeah guys, GREAT timing. I'm leaving tomorrow, no access to my beloved computer. Cry
deathtotheweird
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2010, 04:24:41 PM »

Oh yeah guys, GREAT timing. I'm leaving tomorrow, no access to my beloved computer. Cry

for a whole month?
Ashkin
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2010, 08:41:19 PM »

Not my own computer with all my programs. Gonna find the money to buy a laptop though. Hopefully.
And yes, for a couple of months. Agonizing, yes?
ChiggenWingz
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2010, 10:21:13 PM »

Official TIG source compo in 4 days?
Melly
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2010, 10:34:01 PM »

Not official, most probably.

Wilson Saunders
Level 5

Nobody suspects the hamster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2010, 10:06:47 AM »

I love it when TIG Source puts fourth a challenge/compo but the short notice of it makes participation difficult some times. During AGBIC I had to attend a wedding and use Commicon tickets. I still think I can finish something for the compo but a little advanced warning would give me time to say good bye to my family, gird my loins, and properly prepare for a codeathon. It might also give some of us no opportunity to say "That is a horrible time we can't participate because..."

I am not asking for longer deadlines because we would probably loose interest, but some sort of post from the management stating they are planning on holding a compo during a specific month three or four months prior would be appreciated.

Play my games at http://monkeydev.com/
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2010, 10:21:38 AM »

You'd have asked them to postposne the wedding because of a Tigsource compo?

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Tifu
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2010, 01:09:04 AM »

Even if they did make an announcement months prior, with the number of people who want to compete in these things, no date could possibly be suitable for everyone Undecided

Melly
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2010, 12:41:16 PM »

Pretty much. We are flexible though, and an extension has just been announcement. I think over a month is plenty of time for most people to find a week or so and make a small game in that time.

The short notice of them I also find to be a good thing. It comes from left field, is a pleasant surprise, and gets people's blood pumping for some fast creative work. I'm actually thinking it was a mistake to initially announce the compo lasting one whole month. I think people started designing games with far more epic scope than they should.

Wilson Saunders
Level 5

Nobody suspects the hamster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2010, 01:00:21 PM »

Melly's epic scope reasoning makes sense, however there will always be people who bite off more than they can chew. The problem is I set my scope for one month's worth of development and feel shafted when real life gets in the way. I guess if I set my scope for one week I would feel more relaxed. Either way it’s lots of fun and I thank you guys for holding it.

@moi:
You wouldn't?  Tongue

Play my games at http://monkeydev.com/
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic