Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411745 Posts in 69406 Topics- by 58460 Members - Latest Member: hideworks

May 23, 2024, 11:22:20 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingFreeware: PinkBurst!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Freeware: PinkBurst!  (Read 1139 times)
YellowAfterlife
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« on: February 28, 2010, 09:05:25 AM »

PinkBurst is a arcade shooter with nice gameplay and unique visual style.

'Primary' goal of the game is similar to many other games of this type: survive as long as possible, destroy as much as possible. But approaches are different.
This game can be played in 5 different modes. Each of these has different speed, parameters, and score tables.
Depending on game mode, you will die from 1..20 collisions with enemy. After you loose a health point, your character will become invulnerable for period of time (varies on different game modes). While invulnerable, you can headbash enemies (just run into them on speed). Enemies will die from 3 bullets (2 bullets in zombie mode). You get 1 score per kill. Each 42 kills your weapon mode will change for 10 seconds. Once you get out of health, you die (obviously).
Once you're dead, you'll see the stats screen, where you can see detalied data about your short life session, and new throphies (if achieved). If you logged in, trophies will get delivered to your account, before drawing the text.
After viewing your stats, you can send your score to the online highscores table, view it, or just exit to the main menu. (notice 3 gray buttons).

Controls:
Menu - Mouse left to switch gamemodes, select items. Mouse right may unlock a achievement. Esc - exit game
Game - WASD to move, Mouse to aim and shoot, space to pause (press space second time to un-pause), esc to go to main menu.

Screenshots (click to enlarge)

Links:
GameJolt game page, currently the best place to find the list of achievements.
Quick play this game 1.3mb size means that you'll get into the action within 30 seconds after clicking this link.
Download this game, so you wont forget about it.

Notes:
Logging in is required only if you want achievements to be added to your account. You can sumbit scores to online highscore table without logging in.
Cactus achievement is related to main menu and right-click.
Online highscores are separate for all game modes, due to slight difficulty differences.
About 27 of 30 achievements are possible to achieve for generic players. Only several platinum achievements will be harder to reach.

Comments/Criticism are greatly appreciated.

del
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2010, 09:59:01 AM »

I like the style and concept alot.
It would be nice if the controls were listed in game.
Telling the player whats going on with all the menus would be nice.
One bullet at a time is not fun. Actual play seemed pretty limited wasn't exactly sure what I was picking with the modes. It'd be nice if there was more "play" play in the game.
Didn't run great on my machine: 2mghz laptop.

I like the menuing option system. I would focus on communicating that better to the player and the actual in play gameplay.

Four Realms. Action RPG. Platformer. Animals.
leonsulivan
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2010, 11:09:59 AM »

Hi,

First thing first, I really like the graphics of the game ... It's basically why I downloaded it in the first place.

Secondly, I will join the previous comment, I haven't seen any explanation of the controls so I haven't noticed that we can move  Embarrassed

Finally I will say that the game is a little repetitive
I only saw one type of enemies, maybe it will be better if there were several types ?
It could also be fun to have some power-up to increase our fire power ...

I hope that my post will be useful for you  Wink

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic