Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411489 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 29, 2024, 05:05:15 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperTechnical (Moderator: ThemsAllTook)We need a programmer
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
Print
Author Topic: We need a programmer  (Read 28339 times)
J Fizzle
BANNED
Level 0

View Profile
« on: February 21, 2008, 05:17:05 AM »

Hey, we are looking for another programmer. Check out the job ad: http://jforcegames.com/blog/index.php?itemid=14

And for those who think this is spam...ummm, yeaaaa...*jumps out window* *drives away really fast*
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2008, 05:44:31 AM »

"The game is a top-down shooter with the exterior of a fighting game. It boasts the most diverse character line-up of all time. Picture this: a modern soldier, a robot centipede, a ninja made of sand & glass, a spider-vampire hybrid, a ball-n-chain wielding samurai, a living black hole, an evil wizard, a super hero flower man, monster aliens, giant bugs, stampeding wildebeests, and zombies…all in the same game. If that doesn’t sound like the best game ever, then maybe you should just stop playing games right now."

That doesn't sound like the best game ever and I don't want to stop playing games right now.

I'm a bit skeptical because none of you have created a game before and for your first indie game you intend to sell 5000 copies...?

But I don't mean to be pessimistic, good luck.

deadeye
First Manbaby Home
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2008, 06:17:27 AM »

But I don't mean to be pessimistic

Heaven forbid!  This project is going places, I can feel it.  Places where men dare to dream. 

Godspeed, random manbaby.

tweet tweet @j_younger
Chris Whitman
Sepia Toned
Level 10

A master of karate and friendship for everyone.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2008, 12:10:07 PM »

That doesn't sound like the best game ever and I don't want to stop playing games right now.

To his credit, reading that did sort of make me never want to look at a video game again.

Formerly "I Like Cake."
Chris Whitman
Sepia Toned
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2008, 12:23:31 PM »

Man, their main page is gold.

If I ever join a team of game developers, I'm going to make sure that we have at least one guy with ripped abs who stands half-way in shadow to look like a UFC contestant and one black guy whose blackness we can play up as much as possible.

Formerly "I Like Cake."
Wilson Saunders
Level 5

Nobody suspects the hamster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2008, 01:07:24 PM »

Quote from: Website "Games" Link
Good news! It's torture waiting for our game, we know, but you can play these games in the meantime. These are some of the best indie games ever, so you should find something you like. When you do, buy it. Every purchase supports the development of our game and will help make it even better. Also, we add new games often, so stay up to date by reading the blog. And get hyped before you play, WATCH THE TRAILER FIRST.
Is this legal? I am all for helping to publicise other people's efforts, but did the original creators of this software give you permission to use thir work in this manner?

Play my games at http://monkeydev.com/
Krishh
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2008, 01:39:14 PM »

They don't quite understand how "a walk" works. Or what sidewalks are for: "Don't be like this guy!" Then again, they have done research on marketing, so I guess I'll just have to sign on their mailing list now.
J Fizzle
BANNED
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2008, 01:43:12 PM »

Quote from: Website "Games" Link
Good news! It's torture waiting for our game, we know, but you can play these games in the meantime. These are some of the best indie games ever, so you should find something you like. When you do, buy it. Every purchase supports the development of our game and will help make it even better. Also, we add new games often, so stay up to date by reading the blog. And get hyped before you play, WATCH THE TRAILER FIRST.
Is this legal? I am all for helping to publicise other people's efforts, but did the original creators of this software give you permission to use thir work in this manner?

Reflexive affiliate program.
Wilson Saunders
Level 5

Nobody suspects the hamster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2008, 01:59:53 PM »

Reflexive affiliate program.
Oh, well that was less shadey than I originaly thaught. Good luck finding a programmer.

If you have all the art and design done you have a better chance of netting a programmer than some great idea and nothing else. If I were in your boat I would post as much concept art and sample sprites as I could. It shows commitment and will put you ahead of all the other game designers in need of programmers.

Play my games at http://monkeydev.com/
deadeye
First Manbaby Home
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2008, 02:08:13 PM »

and one black guy whose blackness we can play up as much as possible.

"He represents our cultural diversity.  Yea!  We straight out da' hood yo!"

Thug lyfe 4 eva.

tweet tweet @j_younger
J Fizzle
BANNED
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2008, 03:01:05 PM »

Man, their main page is gold.

If I ever join a team of game developers, I'm going to make sure that we have at least one guy with ripped abs who stands half-way in shadow to look like a UFC contestant and one black guy whose blackness we can play up as much as possible.

Out of all the many responses I've gotten, this is definitely the funniest.
Shoot-em-upper
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2008, 03:46:30 PM »

And here I was, thinking that it was an Indie Brawl-related thread...
Chris Whitman
Sepia Toned
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2008, 07:37:36 PM »

Out of all the many responses I've gotten, this is definitely the funniest.

It's what I do.

Formerly "I Like Cake."
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2008, 02:44:27 AM »

See also: http://forums.indiegamer.com/showthread.php?t=12912

deadeye
First Manbaby Home
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2008, 02:53:38 AM »

Oh brother.  The sheer ego on this guy is amazing.

Quote from: J Fizzle
But you guys should at least sign up for our mailing list. Seriously. Surely you are curious to see if we succeed or not.

Hehe, um... no.

tweet tweet @j_younger
carbon
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2008, 09:09:46 AM »

http://www.gamingw.net/forums/index.php?topic=69250.0

http://www.codingforums.com/showthread.php?p=658888

http://www.rndlabs.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1178

Lol. I see this guy everywhere.

Eragard in alpha development.
Corpus
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2008, 09:28:18 AM »

J Fiddy, your marketing skills are obviously not quite as magnificent as you seem to think they are. You appear to be of the belief that advertisements must be jam-packed full of completely unrealistic hyperbole. These things sound like they were written as you gazed longingly into a mirror and made sweet, sweet love to yourself.

Ask yourself this: if your team can, with its first indie game, make a revenue of $100,000, why are all teams of independent developers not so successful? What sets you apart? Dedication and skill play a role in the creation of many independent games, but only a handful of them are commercial successes.

The internet is the land of skeptics, and you need to remember that.

By the way, your website is pretty much fugly. I hope it isn't an example of your brilliant designer's "unique, gritty style."

I hope your game is a success. In the mean time, though, you need to take your ego down a peg or twenty.

Make a new website, too. At the moment, all you have is a few currently unsupported promises about your game and then a whole lot about how much you love yourselves.
deadeye
First Manbaby Home
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2008, 10:59:02 AM »

Ahahaa, the responses on gamingw.net are priceless  :D

Also, just... wow: Google results for 'JForceGames.com need programmer'  Our old boy J-Fiz is definitely tenacious.  Hell, he even spammed Sun's forums.

tweet tweet @j_younger
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2008, 11:16:46 AM »

Ahahaa, the responses on gamingw.net are priceless  :D

Also, just... wow: Google results for 'JForceGames.com need programmer'  Our old boy J-Fiz is definitely tenacious.  Hell, he even spammed Sun's forums.
Wow, this is becoming like an internet meme :D

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Chris Whitman
Sepia Toned
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2008, 12:49:39 PM »

I've heard J Fizzle isn't even a real person. He's an algorithm run wild on the internet: an abstract idea which exists on many platforms and in many places simultaneously.

Formerly "I Like Cake."
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic