Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 29, 2024, 06:08:36 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperTechnical (Moderator: ThemsAllTook)We need a programmer
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
Print
Author Topic: We need a programmer  (Read 28340 times)
Eclipse
Level 10

0xDEADC0DE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #120 on: August 17, 2008, 12:16:09 AM »

<Powergloved_Andy> I once fapped to Dora the Explorer
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #121 on: August 21, 2008, 07:54:11 PM »

Cliffski (the same cliffski that's been in the news recently about piracy) created this video in reference to the JForce games videos:

muku
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 21, 2008, 08:34:53 PM »

Cliffski (the same cliffski that's been in the news recently about piracy) created this video in reference to the JForce games videos:

:D :D :D :D :D

But I couldn't find any mention on the YouTube video (nor on his blog) that it is about JForce, how do you know?
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: August 21, 2008, 08:38:51 PM »

I don't remember exactly -- I think he originally posted it on one of JForce's thread on the indiegamer.com forums (the evil twin of the TIGSource forums) a month ago. I came across it again randomly when browsing his youtube channel today.

Clemen
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 28, 2008, 11:26:37 PM »

JForce is a joke, helloooo. Literally, it's a pardoy of doomed indie projects. I'm surprised this conclusion hasn't been reached yet. It was obvious on page 1 with the ninja made of sand & glass and the herd of wildebeests.
Don Andy
Level 10

Andreas Kämper, Dandy, Tophat Andy

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 28, 2008, 11:30:49 PM »

JForce is a joke, helloooo. Literally, it's a pardoy of doomed indie projects. I'm surprised this conclusion hasn't been reached yet. It was obvious on page 1 with the ninja made of sand & glass and the herd of wildebeests.

Thanks, Professor.
Nitro Crate
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 29, 2008, 06:54:54 PM »

You know I'm having a hard time deciding between weather these guys are really passionate but inexperienced, or geniuses. What if this was his marketing plan? I mean he has a 9 page topic already. He could be making fools of us all!

Maybe I'm just thinking too much.  Tired
Clemen
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 29, 2008, 10:42:41 PM »

"Thanks, Professor."

Wellll, I thought it was pretty obvious, but I hadn't seen anyone else point this out. Closest thing I read was somebody questioning whether it was a joke or not, but they didn't seem sure. It is definitely a joke.
muku
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 30, 2008, 03:49:47 AM »

"Thanks, Professor."

Wellll, I thought it was pretty obvious, but I hadn't seen anyone else point this out. Closest thing I read was somebody questioning whether it was a joke or not, but they didn't seem sure. It is definitely a joke.

Proof?
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #129 on: August 30, 2008, 07:23:57 AM »

I think they're having fun with it, but I don't think it's "all a joke", I mean, I'm sure they actually intend to finish this game. You can see the game in some of the videos, it obviously exists, they wouldn't spend hundreds of hours creating a fake game just for a joke.

muku
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 30, 2008, 07:47:41 AM »

I think they're having fun with it, but I don't think it's "all a joke", I mean, I'm sure they actually intend to finish this game. You can see the game in some of the videos, it obviously exists, they wouldn't spend hundreds of hours creating a fake game just for a joke.

Yeah, that's my take too. I don't think this is just an elaborate parody.
Nitro Crate
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 30, 2008, 08:08:37 AM »

I'm actually disappointed at most of the responses. I mean ya, they come off arrogant. But still, we shouldn't discourage them from trying.

Edit: I also feel really bad for the artist. He's really good at drawing, and it seems like the other guys take his talent for granted. (One of the videos it shows them telling him some of his art sucks and stuff...maybe I'm too lighthearted. :S)
« Last Edit: August 30, 2008, 08:12:11 AM by Nitro Crate » Logged
Eclipse
Level 10

0xDEADC0DE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #132 on: August 30, 2008, 03:10:21 PM »

"Thanks, Professor."

not at all, just read the threads on indiegamer, they WANT to do a game and commercialize it, but they're only too newbie in game dev so they cover up that using stupid videos and such

@Nitro Crate: they did the same with the programmer, the hilarious thing is that the ones that aren't able to do anything real are the ones that always speaks a lot
« Last Edit: August 30, 2008, 04:01:25 PM by Eclipse » Logged

<Powergloved_Andy> I once fapped to Dora the Explorer
muku
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 30, 2008, 04:17:24 PM »

@Nitro Crate: they did the same with the programmer, the hilarious thing is that the ones that aren't able to do anything real are the ones that always speaks a lot

That's pretty much the definition of marketing, isn't it? Tongue
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic