Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411500 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 11:52:12 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsMulder's Totally Bogus (Rabbit) Journey [post assemblee]
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Mulder's Totally Bogus (Rabbit) Journey [post assemblee]  (Read 2627 times)
moonmagic
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« on: March 06, 2010, 02:39:21 AM »

Hello! I started working on this game for Assemblee and thought it was time for a proper devlog, as I can't seem to leave it alone. Mulder's Totally Bogus (Rabbit) Journey is a small Zeldalike starring my recently departed pet rabbit, Mulder. Help him travel through the bewildering wilds of the rabbit afterlife, rescue other lost rabbits, and eventually repair a psychic computer that will help him contact his special one, Scully.

Obviously, I owe a bit of a debt to Metal Gear Solid as well.

Link to the Assemblee thread may be found here.

MOST RECENT VERSION

Latest changes:

- all rabbits are in
- 100% ending is now possible
- two MORE new songs
- added a lot of food to make the game less unfair
- general balance tweaking throughout
- changed the breakable walls sprite to make them easier to find
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 11:50:41 PM by moonmagic » Logged

|
Saker
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2010, 12:39:51 PM »

Ok , This game is cool , but two common bugs(kinda) : the damn surface problem with win7 , Maybe you should add an .ini file to allow the player to change the graphics mode , also it seems like you forgot to make the game kill the sound/music after exiting .

P.S : fix those so I can play the game  Tiger Hand Shake Right

Kudos
moonmagic
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2010, 12:41:05 PM »

It's been a long time since I posted anything, and too much has been added to keep track of. So! I'll just post some screenshots of the underworld and its new, accompanying monsters.

a dragon

a teleporting squid

underwater worms!

|
moonmagic
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2010, 12:41:43 PM »

@Saker: ack! thanks for trying. fixing...

-EDIT-

Unfortunately, I'm not able to test on Windows 7, since I don't have it. As far as I know, I'm unloading sounds and music before exiting; I might need some help to fix that particular bug from someone who has Windows 7 and more Gamemaker know-how.

Still working on the surfaces.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 12:50:05 PM by moonmagic » Logged

|
moonmagic
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2010, 01:21:55 PM »

Ok, just uploaded a surfaces-optional version; you can turn them off in "views.ini". The pause key is a little weird now, but it should be playable. Let me know if you run into any rooms that you can't see, since the game uses viewport scaling instead of surfaces, or if there's anything else that's weird.

|
MaloEspada
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2010, 02:02:14 PM »

What is the surface problem, exactly? Black transparency around sprites?
Gonna play this now and edit later with feedback.

edit: oh well, i liked the graphics and the mgs-like gameplay was cool, but it was too hard to escape from the guards. i got to a part called 'the divide' i think and couldn't figure out what to do.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 02:11:44 PM by rdein » Logged
moonmagic
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2010, 03:26:10 PM »

I should maybe add a guide rabbit at that spot; a few people have gotten stuck there. Burying all the enemies throws a teleporter up.

|
moonmagic
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2010, 11:54:00 PM »

OK phew etc. The game is complete! All the content is in. Now it is just waiting for news of some horrible bug that I won't know how to fix.

I did a lot of work on the game balance this time; added some new spirit guides to clear up particularly esoteric challenges. See?

Also, added quite a bit more food and tweaked enemy placement, etc. Let me know what you think!

|
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic