Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 04:41:06 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsOffering Paid WorkAction Adventure Game Prototype Looking for Programmers and Artists
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Action Adventure Game Prototype Looking for Programmers and Artists  (Read 5039 times)
Pepwuper
Level 0

View Profile
« on: March 06, 2010, 08:55:38 PM »

Thread Title:
Action Adventure Game Prototype Looking for Programmers and Artists

Team name:
Studio Pepwuper

Project name:
Project Megan

Brief description:
The game will be an action adventure game with an art style similar to Professor Layton series and The Legend of Zelda series on the DS. It’s a 3D game with a top-down fixed camera and 2D game play. The prototype will be one level with stealth gameplay, while the full game will have about 3-5 hours worth of gameplay. The game is set in wartime London, where a 12-year-old girl Megan befriended a giant creature in the midst of war. The concept of the game was developed about one months ago. The goal is to create a prototype of the game, which will be used in raising necessary fund to complete and publish the full game.

Target aim:
The aim is to use this prototype to raise fund for starting a game studio. The prototype will not be for sell, but components of it will be used when developing the full game later on. We are looking to finish the prototype by the end of May.

Compensation:
This is a work-for-hire paid project. Rates will depend on your experience. Please include your expected rate if you have a number in mind in your message.

Technology:
The target platforms are - iPhone/iPod and PC/Mac downloadable.
We prefer if you have experience working with Unity3D engine. For art assets, we use Blender at the moment but any software/tool is fine as long as we can import the assets into Unity3D.

Talent needed:
We are looking for the following talents to join the team:
1 x Programmer (Unity3D, JavaScript)
1 x 3D Artist - Modeling and Animation

Any experience is welcomed. Prior experience with Unity3D preferred. Please include your portfolio and work samples.

Team structure:
Brandon - Design and Project Management, Business Development
Shawn - Concept Artist
Robert - Programmer

Our website is tentatively set up at the following link. It’s still a work-in-progress.
Studio Pepwuper http://www.pepwuper.com/
Twitter/Pepwuper http://www.twitter.com/pepwuper

Contacts:
Please email me at
[email protected]
Alternatively you can PM me directly.

Previous Work by Team:
I worked on The Sims 2 and The Urbz in production roles. And I also worked on a DDR clone game and a Contra-type game (this project was unfinished), both on the PC, as a sole developer.

Additional Info:
The aim of our studio is to create games “for people young at heart” and introduce games to people who are not currently playing games. We believe there is a big opportunity in bringing this interactive entertainment form to the mass. The target audience of this game in particular is young female age from 15 to 25. This project is only for a prototype, but we have much bigger aims to build a successful studio.

Any feedback is welcomed. We are just starting out and always looking for ways to improve. If you are interested in joining the team, please email me directly or pm me with your portfolio and work samples.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 04:51:04 PM by bwubwu » Logged

agj
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2010, 02:47:13 PM »

I suggest you pick a less massive project as your first. Also, 'most likely paid' doesn't really cut it when you're asking for others to make your (huge) game.

Skofo
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2010, 02:36:19 PM »

Has a web game ever raked in enough money to hire six people?  Concerned

If you wish to make a video game from scratch, you must first invent the universe.
Sos
Level 8

I make bad games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2010, 04:33:08 PM »

What's MBA degree?

Skofo
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2010, 05:57:20 PM »

http://www.google.com/search?q=mba+degree

If you wish to make a video game from scratch, you must first invent the universe.
bateleur
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2010, 11:50:36 PM »

Brandon, kudos for actually acknowledging the existence of Rule 4 and generally being a civilized gentleman, but you haven't really explained why a project like this needs a producer.

From a certain perspective, your post reads like "I've discovered developing games is hard so I'd like someone else to make games for me whilst letting me offer design input and share in the profits". I'm not saying you were wrong to advertise your project, but you might want to be a bit more persuasive! Roll Eyes

Pepwuper
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2010, 04:39:52 PM »

Thanks everyone for the feedback, and thanks to all the people who replied via private messages. Let me address a couple points raised from the post.

1. Scale of the project: The "Zelda-style" was meant to refer to how the player navigates inside the game, not the "epic-ness" of Zelda games. The project will be much smaller in scale and targeting 3 hours of gameplay.

2. Producer. I tried not to use this word because I knew how much people dislike it. By "producer" I meant a person who's dedicated to the business side of the project, with responsibilities described in the original post.

3. web game. My apologies for not making it clear. The project is not about creating a browser-only game.

4. "most likely paid" - it is a paid project. However options do exist if you prefer to have equity in the project instead of upfront payment.

I appreciate all the replies and please feel free to let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
Brandon

Pepwuper
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2010, 04:52:44 PM »

I've updated the original job posting to reflect changes and also to incorporate suggestions from the forum.

Thank you,
Brandon

bateleur
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2010, 12:53:04 AM »

New version is way better! SmileyHand Thumbs Up Right

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic