Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411505 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 07:14:10 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingSquare Hero!
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Square Hero!  (Read 12517 times)
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 29, 2008, 08:43:51 PM »

You should have the up arrow also jump and Z fire too
I liked the death stuff
Running into an enemy should just kill them
Overall it just seemed too bland and unchanging to keep me interested. Maybe gray isn't the best choice of background?

From what I researched, between QWERTY, AZERTY and QWERTZ keyboards the Z key is in very odd places, while the X and C are always on the same spot, which is why I chose them. I don't see why I should also make Z fire, and most people have issues with using UP for jumping, and since I feel little difference I just used another key for it.

The aesthetics will remain unchanged throughout the game. I want to focus on making the levels be different of a gameplay and design front.

Running into an enemy will never kill them.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
serprex
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 29, 2008, 08:59:35 PM »

Yes, looking over I see you want the player to try get through without firing shots. That approach seems a better choice. As for options of controls, allowing X and UP to work has nothing to lose compared to only letting X work
torncanvas
Level 0

Go Team Venture!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2008, 12:47:32 PM »

I think it's great that you're trying something doable so that you can make a fun, finished game.  Keep at it, man!

Just make sure that you're being challenged by the project.  You want to take on a project that's juuuust under the limit of what you can do.  Sometimes that's beyond the limit of what you think you can do.  It depends on your will-power though.  Some people need to do a small project to reassure themselves or gain confidence.

I think it's good to just err on the side of something that seems doable. Smiley  It usually takes more work than you think anyway...

Intuition Games
@torncanvas on twitter
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic