Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411505 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 07:15:38 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsHiddenThe DromeValley of the DeadUnpaid WorkLooking for 2D art/artist(s) for browser game
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Looking for 2D art/artist(s) for browser game  (Read 1578 times)
kasskat
TIGBaby

View Profile
« on: March 10, 2010, 06:27:08 PM »

Hi all,

To introduce myself: I'm in my final year of an interactive media thesis program and up to my neck coding/designing my game. I'm nearing the end of the term, so it's time to get rid of my FF6 filler art (;_;) and get something I can proudly show at our class's end-year exhibition.

I won't bore you with the academic details of the project, but basically it's browser-based online multiplayer game, where small teams of players work together to build a town and keep it safe from external threats. The players are able to hire town civilians and send them out of missions.

The setting is general fantasy and/or steampunk. I'm honestly not fixated on a genre and would just like to see what I get.

In terms of actual assets, I'm probably going to need 40 characters drawn: 15 female, 15 male, 10 gender-neutral (should be humanoid, but not necessarily human, if you like). I know this is a somewhat big number, but the character designs would be 100% up to you and I only need a single image/pose for each one.

I will also need a town and buildings: a larger town image with empty plots of land, and images that would fit into the empty plots of land. It's meant to be slightly customizable as the players are allowed to choose which plot of land to build whatever structure on. (If you've played the browser game Travian, it's exactly like that.)

I'm looking for only 2D art stills: no animation necessary. I am definitely open to using art from multiple artists, as long as your natural styles don't clash. It's very possible that I may use one artist's town images while using someone else's characters.

Art styles: Though I have been using FF6 character sprites as filler, I am not actually interested in pixel art for the final version, unless it's very subtle. Other than this, I have no serious restrictions: I am mostly hopeful people will send me their natural artwork for me to fall in love with and demand more of. I admit to have a personal fetish for stylized art, but in the end, I will be picking the proper style for the game and not just what I love the most.

... This post got really long.  -_-  Sorry for the long read! Please feel free to ask me for any clarification and remember that despite the fact that it sounds like I know exactly what I want, I actually have no clue. So I'm very open to any suggestions.  :)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 10:21:45 PM by kasskat » Logged
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic