Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411502 Posts in 69379 Topics- by 58435 Members - Latest Member: graysonsolis

April 30, 2024, 06:56:11 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessXBLA and XBLIG
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: XBLA and XBLIG  (Read 10041 times)
floatstarpx
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2011, 06:22:50 AM »

I kind of wish the payment system on XBLIG was different.. I know it is a bit of a dream and unreasonable, but the thing that I find happens most is I try the trial version due to a game looking interesting, play it for the time limit and then I'm like "hmm i dunno".. my curiosity has been satisfied but I might not feel totally sold to buy it, and I might not even really think I'd go back to play it again, so I just go back to doing other things..
for XBLIG it makes more sense if it were (somehow) able to be like an arcade, where you can drop a credit that has some very low MSpoint value, to play a game.. I'd be much more likely to drop another credit to continue playing for a bit longer had I just died or found the game challenging, but not because of my playtime getting cut short by the time limit nag.
Then if your total credits dropped to a game hits the purchase value you basically get free play on the game because you've essentially bought it.  
I think having a system like that would see more money going towards indies on there... but even then the problem to occur would be download times and getting people to first download your game... you still can't get the impulsive "i've got a credit i'll just drop it in and play real quick" decisions that arcades were wonderful for.

the developer can add their own limits in the trial version on top of the existing timer.. so if they wanted to limit you to one quick play, or to one level - they can...
this credits thing is a nice idea, but i think a lot of people are wary of pay-per-play as a fits-all solution, as it encourages a certain kind of game over others.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic