Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 05:07:57 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsHiddenThe DromeValley of the DeadUnpaid WorkFOUND: Python/Unity Coder for adventure game engine
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: FOUND: Python/Unity Coder for adventure game engine  (Read 3182 times)
Peevish
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« on: March 13, 2010, 09:00:32 PM »

One-Eyed Monsters could really use another coder. What we have so far is written in Python and Pyglet, with an eye for being cross-platform. [EDIT: I'm learning Unity, possibly porting existent code into Boo] So far the engine's gone through many iterations in my head, and we could use some help putting it out in the real world. Join the team, we'd love to have you!

blog: http://oneeyedmonsters.wordpress.com/
recruitment video:

(outlines the project pretty succinctly)

UPDATE: coder found. Press on good people!
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 08:04:35 AM by Peevish » Logged
iPope
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2010, 06:23:33 AM »

That was a damn cool recruitment video, if I wasn't so busy with Adventures of Life I would be coding for you(but I'm pretty sure I live in a different time zone from you). I also don't know pyglet but I'm sure it would be at least somewhat similar to pygame.

Simply, I can't but really want to.

MalcolmLittle
Level 0

Hear me say as the pavement whirls

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2010, 07:03:26 AM »

I love that video. Fight eco-warrior! Make your game!

Sos
Level 8

I make bad games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2010, 02:41:28 PM »

Wild forum spammer appears

Recruitment video win! I'd love to code for you...

OP used python

...but I can't python....

Wild spammer fled

Ajene
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2010, 03:46:33 PM »

haha that was an epic video. I'm slumped with work so I cant help Sad
Peevish
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2010, 03:51:04 PM »

OEM might be switching to Unity, which I'm learning at present (much much more efficient). Could still use additional coding and/or someone familiar with code to answer all my stupid questions.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 03:54:22 PM by Peevish » Logged
deevlet
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2010, 07:50:47 AM »

Hi! I registered an account on these forums (I've been lurking for months) to write a reply to this post. I saw your recruitment video, and liked it a lot. Your idea grabbed me. I've been looking into Unity for a while now; I've played around with it, and saw that it was good.

I've been programming for about a decade. I am very experienced at C++, for both games and other software. I've also written stuff with Flash (AS3.0), Objective-C, C#, a little Python, and have toyed around with PHP in the past.

A little background on what I've been doing recently:

I've been writing a 2D scene graph based graphics rendering engine in C++/SDL/OpenGL, and it's gotten to the stage now where I can step away from it until I think up a project that calls me to use (read: finish) it.

TL;DR of the above is that I have time to kill, and a heap of programming experience.

I really like the idea of maybe rolling up my sleeves and chipping in with what you're doing in Unity. When I saw that the recruitment video was a year old and you're still at it, the usual trepidations I would have with joining a project somewhat melted away.

george
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2010, 05:38:25 PM »

(the audience cheers!) hope this works out.  Beer!
Peevish
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2010, 08:04:03 AM »

Just an update: it has definitely worked out. Fareed is coding now/is awesome.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic