Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411196 Posts in 69314 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: feakk

March 19, 2024, 02:17:48 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingVertex -- final public demo available!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Author Topic: Vertex -- final public demo available!  (Read 36231 times)
SmudgedCat
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: April 01, 2012, 06:32:45 AM »

I like the game, I'm a big fan of pixely platformers and this one looks really cool!

Couldn't the punching glove be automatically equipped when it's collected?  It felt a bit awkward to go into the menus and equip something when I'd just started playing the game.  I'd save that tutorial for when you collect the next item and can actually swap between things.  Also, you can select empty slots on the equipment menu, I'd just prevent the cursor from moving to an empty slot.

The camera felt a bit jerky at times.  It looks like it's trying to move ahead of me to show what's coming up but if I moved back and forth a bit it felt like it wobbled around too much.

I'm stuck trying to defeat Gunnar so I'm not that far into the game.  He seems quite tough for a first boss encounter!

Cheers,

Dave
Blink
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: April 03, 2012, 09:39:47 PM »

This is awesome! It feels really natural, there's definitely the action-adventure platformer feel you wanted that's going on here (although the squirrels are a distinct departure from the norm, which gives you a unique look). Looking forward to seeing how far you go with this, I'll be trying it out a bit more and posting complete thoughts later this week if I can!
agaetis
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 10, 2012, 07:58:16 AM »

Apoplectic I can't remember my old user-name for this forum..

Anyway, I'd love to play this, but I'm getting "Unexpected error occurred when running the game" at launch. Do you have any idea what causes this? Does the game require Shader 2.0 or something?  Tired
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic