Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411500 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 12:31:33 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsOffering Paid WorkUOK Games
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: UOK Games  (Read 17494 times)
UOK Games
BANNED
Level 0

View Profile
« on: March 15, 2010, 10:37:34 PM »

UOK Games is hireing for the following careers:

3D Animator:
Must have min of 2 years Exp or Degree

Project:
UOK Games has thousands of allready made models created by our model team. We simply need animation added to them before we can sell them. We specialize in creating model packs for developers. 90% of our models our created using Max. However for animation, we recommend using Maya. An using a plugin to convert to Max as final release.

Payment:
All payments our based on profit sharing or commission. Each member involed in the model pack project splits the earnings by a equal %. Currently UOK Games does not take any % of earnings. We simply provide direction and a store for the artist to sell the model packs. For more details please email [email protected]

Web Artist
UOK Games has a immediate opening for a exp. web artist. Please review the following details before applying;

Must know Flash
Understand how to layout complex sites
Ability to code HTML and PHP
Be able to research new ideas and impliment new tech.
Ability to adapt to new web langs.

Payment:
Payment will be discussed privately in interview.

To set up a interview please email [email protected] or [email protected]

Internship:
UOK Games is proud to offer a internship program to those looking to break into the computer gameing industry. No exp is required. Only the ability to learn and pay attention to Sr. Staff. Interns can choose from the following paths;

Web:Sr. Staff Contact Brandyn
Art:Sr. Staff Contact Shweta
Programing: Sr. Staff Contact Micah & Victor
Music: Sr. Staff Contact Nick
Map Making: Sr. Staff Contact Brian

Payment:
Sorry interns no payment. However, you can use these skills once you complete your internship to work toward paid careers in UOK Games. A internship can be your key to a world of success.

True Intern Storys:
About 4 years ago a young animator name John asked for a job. 2 years later John landed a job working for Disney. Fastward to today. John now leads a team of animators and is currently working on Toy Story 3. This is just one person of the hundreds, whom have entered our internship program and become successful.

Our Contacts:
Most of our contact information is private. However, we do work with Blizzard, EA to name a few. This gives us a advantage to help others achive a higher success. Though we our a small company. We work very hard to stay small. My name is Micah and I am the founder and CEO of UOK Games. For ten years I have worked my way up from a player to a developer. Ive spent 5 years in college obtaining 3 degrees. An servered in the United States Marine Corp. proudly.

Our Company:
Our company was founded on the idea to help others. This sole idea alone has made us a leader in helping big and small developers in the gaming industry. My personal belief is those whom our willing to learn, just need guidence. Allways work with Honor, Courage and Respect. These our the Corp. values and they our mine as well. Show honor to everyone whom deserves it. Respect every company you do business with no matter how big or small. An allways have the courage to push through the hardships.

Questions:
If you have questions. Feel free to email me day or night [email protected]
Sos
Level 8

I make bad games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2010, 02:54:43 AM »

Web Artist
UOK Games has a immediate opening for a exp. web artist. Please review the following details before applying;

Yeah, you need one badly, haha.

3D Animator:

Are you sure this is the right place to look for people with job experience or a degree?

John now leads a team of animators and is currently working on Toy Story 3.

Man, Toy Story animating is done.

Though we our a small company.[...]I am the founder and CEO of UOK Games.

Am I the only one to notice these contradict?

Sorry for being picky, but you surely didn't read the rules before posting this. Also, your offer should be more consistent, or just easy to follow.

Dugan
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2010, 03:09:22 AM »

one tip for your website - don't use big images then scale them down to fit. It's wasteful and makes pages take longer to load.

hyperduck
Level 10

Music and Noises

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2010, 03:09:49 AM »

Web Artist

Yeah, you need one badly, haha.

3D Animator:

Are you sure this is the right place to look for people with job experience or a degree?

John now leads a team of animators and is currently working on Toy Story 3.

Man, Toy Story animating is done.

Though we our a small company.[...]I am the founder and CEO of UOK Games.

Am I the only one to notice these contradict?

Sorry for being picky, but you surely didn't read the rules before posting this. Also, your offer should be more consistent, or just easy to follow.

He's clearly using a template, and since it's a job section I don't see the harm. The forums have the potential to have all of those things. Small founder, CEO of UOK Games, doesn't sound like it contradicts.

Saying things like "yeah, you need one badly, haha" isn't going to help them out. I wouldn't like it if you came into my "looking for work" thread and said "lol yeah you are!". You don't even know this person, they've just joined, and I don't see the productivity behind coming in and picking at their initial post looking to bring jobs to people to help others, and themselves, progress further.

I read it and understood fully what was going on. Understandably there are some things that need to be referenced, but this can be explored further if any said interested party contacts these guys looking to investigate any of the job openings.

Sos
Level 8

I make bad games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2010, 04:31:19 AM »

He's clearly using a template, and since it's a job section I don't see the harm. The forums have the potential to have all of those things. Small founder, CEO of UOK Games, doesn't sound like it contradicts.

Saying things like "yeah, you need one badly, haha" isn't going to help them out. I wouldn't like it if you came into my "looking for work" thread and said "lol yeah you are!". You don't even know this person, they've just joined, and I don't see the productivity behind coming in and picking at their initial post looking to bring jobs to people to help others, and themselves, progress further.

I read it and understood fully what was going on. Understandably there are some things that need to be referenced, but this can be explored further if any said interested party contacts these guys looking to investigate any of the job openings.

My comment was more of a "You need to fix stuff to gain some interest" as opposed to "This offer sucks, go away".

hyperduck
Level 10

Music and Noises

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2010, 04:36:23 AM »

I realise that now, I think I should apologise as I didn't mean to come in here derailing the thread like that, and I misinterpreted your post. So I am quite sorry on both counts!  Beg

bateleur
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2010, 04:59:54 AM »

Unpaid internships? Shocked

@Micah - I'm curious as to what you guys do with Blizzard and EA. Any chance of some more info? Those are impressive collaboration credentials for a company as new to the games business as yours is. So impressive, in fact, that I'm having a slightly hard time reconciling this fact with your current web presence and the tone and content of your job advertisement above. Was this work something to do with your experience with Ultima Online servers?

Sos
Level 8

I make bad games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2010, 06:12:32 AM »

I realise that now, I think I should apologise as I didn't mean to come in here derailing the thread like that, and I misinterpreted your post. So I am quite sorry on both counts!  Beg

No need to, it is I who was picky.

Christian Knudsen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2010, 08:12:04 AM »

Tim Langdell, is that you?

Laserbrain Studios
Currently working on Hidden Asset (TIGSource DevLog)
dspencer
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2010, 08:54:27 AM »

I'm mad that you keep using the word "our" to mean "are."

UOK Games
BANNED
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2010, 09:39:24 AM »

Sorry for the delay on responses. So some one asked did we use a template? Ahh no. If I used a template Im sure the site would of looked alot better. "Site looks like crap." Thanks for sharing. My web designer is sick and I had to redo the site to fit in new content and ideas. So yeah thanks for letting me know I better stick to programming. BTW the sites being redone. Brandyns no longer sick and on some heavy meds. So Im ure it will improve shortly. Am I Tim? Nope. My name is Micah. Nice to meet ya. "What do I do with Blizzard etc?." Well because most of the things we discuss our private. I can only say this; alot of former staff works for them. Toy story 3 comment. Yup whats your point. I talk to john maybe once every 6 months. Hes a rather busy guy. An I all know what he tells me. An most of the things he does tell me is private. However Toy Story 3 is about to be released. So I can share some information about it publicaly. I hope that helps. If you have any further questions. Feel free to ask me or you can ask the staff. We all have emails. So feel free to ask them what they did before joining.
Oddball
Level 10

David Williamson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2010, 09:48:44 AM »

Why is the work you did for Blizzard and EA so hush hush? Was it industrial espionage? Usually people can be quite open about there employment position or contract work with any corporation. Heck at games companies they usually put every employee and contractor in the games credits complete with their individual role.

Christian Knudsen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2010, 09:54:25 AM »

All I'm getting from your post is "I have some friends that now work for Blizzard, EA and Pixar".

Laserbrain Studios
Oddball
Level 10

David Williamson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2010, 10:10:03 AM »

No, in the top post he clearly says that UOK Games does 'work' with Blizzard and EA. I was just wondering why he's not allowed to divulge what manner of work UOK Games does. I mean if it were just some contract programming or art then he'd be able to say. So now I'm intrigued to know know what this top secret work is.

Christian Knudsen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2010, 10:23:19 AM »

Yeah, but he's clearly backtracking with this:

"What do I do with Blizzard etc?." Well because most of the things we discuss our private. I can only say this; alot of former staff works for them.

I'm (almost) willing to bet that this so-called former staff are just friends he maybe/maybe not made some games with at some point...

Besides, he didn't say what they do at these companies. They could be cleaning toilets, for all we know.

Anyway, the vagueness makes it pretty clear that it's all bullshit. Seriously, take a look at the website and ask yourself if this looks like a professional company that does work for Blizzard and EA? Of course not.

And this:

This sole idea alone has made us a leader in helping big and small developers in the gaming industry.

Yes, this company nobody has heard of that has a website that seems to have been slapped together in 30 minutes in 1995 and has spelling not worthy of a kid in grade school is the "leader in helping big and small developers in the gaming industry"...

Lips Sealed

Laserbrain Studios
UOK Games
BANNED
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2010, 10:29:35 AM »

Yeah we clean tolets lmao Man you just dont have a clue and your digging for something. Normaly I try to keep a calm head when reading these types of posts. But Im sorry I have to laugh at you. Your mocking a company you know nothing about. So let me help you out here. Knowledge is power. Ignorance however, leads to false claims. So keep digging. Im sure some day you'll move out of mommys basement.
Christian Knudsen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2010, 10:32:03 AM »

Your mocking a company you know nothing about.

Of course I know nothing about your company -- you won't tell us anything!

Facepalm

Laserbrain Studios
UOK Games
BANNED
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2010, 10:39:11 AM »

Business Rule number 1: Keep people guessing
They may not have a true interest. But it will drive them nuts. An they were at lest thinking about you. Welcome to Business 101 Class has begain.
Christian Knudsen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2010, 10:42:21 AM »

Okay, I realize I'm feeding a troll at this point, but here goes...

You are asking people to work for/with you in your company, but you won't tell anyone what your company has made in the past or is currently working on. Maybe you should take that Business 101 class one more time, eh?

Laserbrain Studios
Dugan
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2010, 10:44:22 AM »

I think there may be danger of overfeeding...

Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic