Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 08:46:34 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsOffering Paid WorkUOK Games
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: UOK Games  (Read 17491 times)
Oddball
Level 10

David Williamson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2010, 10:46:09 AM »

Are you serious? That's the stupidest business rule I've ever heard. You ask people to come work for you, but don't want them to know what it is you do!? I Googled UOK Games. All I got was some stupid video about

and

. It doesn't really inspire confidence.

Christian Knudsen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2010, 10:46:34 AM »

I think there may be danger of overfeeding...

Maybe we'll get rid of him Seven style: GLUTTONY

Laserbrain Studios
Currently working on Hidden Asset (TIGSource DevLog)
drChengele
Level 2

if (status = UNDER_ATTACK) launch_nukes();

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2010, 11:01:47 AM »

Oh my god I am now completely overwhelmed by a desire to purchase your [ ]game/[ ]games/[ ]vapourware which [ ]may/[ ]may not exist (created on hardware you [ ]purchased from your company's discarded pile/[ ]"misplaced" from your day job), based solely on the fact you are not telling us if you made any games or not.

YOU ARE A: [ ]MARKETING GENIUS/[ ]A FEW CARDS SHORT OF A FULL DECK
Regardless, here is your award statuette:  Cave Story

Praetor
Currently working on : tactical battles.
UOK Games
BANNED
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2010, 11:05:53 AM »

Lol people whom seriously apply to work with us get the "low down". We dont release alot of info publicaly. But you all seem to think your ideas our working. So Ill let you keep thinking your stragy works lol Anyway, if you want to know. I do have a email. Or you could read other posts Ive made.
Christian Knudsen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2010, 11:06:52 AM »

Yeah, I'm just waiting for this thread to be locked at this point...

Laserbrain Studios
drChengele
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2010, 11:11:04 AM »

But you all seem to think your ideas our working. So Ill let you keep thinking your stragy works lol
Coming to a forum and and offering your superior wisdom to people, instructing them how to get rid of their stupid ways, has always been a good way to get lots of applications. Keep going, chief.

Praetor
Sos
Level 8

I make bad games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2010, 11:16:25 AM »

Hmm.... I've done some stalking, I dunno if I should post such things, but it may restore our new friends good face, so here it goes

We started about 10 years ago as a Tech support for private servers. Mostly serviceing UO or Ultima Online RunUO servers. As we grew, we begain provideing tech support for other private servers like Wow, Runescape etc. Over a period of time, we decided to dev. our own ingames instead of just servicing others.

I found some funny shit too, but won't post Gentleman

EDIT: Also, calm down people.

UOK Games
BANNED
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2010, 11:17:27 AM »

Well its up to 306 views. Anyway thanks for the entertainment guys. But I have some levels to work on and finish. But keep posting. Last time I laughed so hard I almost feel out of my chair.
Christian Knudsen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2010, 11:21:39 AM »

Ahh, the good old "see, I got your attention!" ruse... These people are always the same.

EDIT: Awww, Sos, post the funny stuff! Beg

Laserbrain Studios
Oddball
Level 10

David Williamson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2010, 12:09:19 PM »

Hmm.... I've done some stalking, I dunno if I should post such things, but it may restore our new friends good face, so here it goes

We started about 10 years ago as a Tech support for private servers. Mostly serviceing UO or Ultima Online RunUO servers. As we grew, we begain provideing tech support for other private servers like Wow, Runescape etc. Over a period of time, we decided to dev. our own ingames instead of just servicing others.

I found some funny shit too, but won't post Gentleman

EDIT: Also, calm down people.

Why couldn't he have just said that in the first post? There's nothing wrong with doing tech support for Blizzard and EA. All this secrecy and vagueness just makes me think it's not a serious offer.

skyy
Level 2

[ SkyWhy ]

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2010, 12:14:34 PM »

RunUO. Unfortunately Blizzard / EA has nothing to do with this as far as I know. "private" servers, as in free shards for UO = hacked servers run by random people so people can play for free instead of paying the monthly fee and play on the actual "real"/"public" servers.

Quote from the wiki:
RunUO is not an Approved Third Party Program, and using it with the Ultima Online Client is a violation of the client’s End User License Agreement (EULA) If Electronic Arts suspects that a user has used RunUO or connected to a RunUO freeshard in the past,EA may revoke that user’s EA account. This does not hamper their ability to connect to non EA shards however. (RunUO or otherwise) Shard Emulation is not illegal, contrary to many rumors and misconceptions, as no reverse engineering takes place.

UO Free shards used to be huge at one point, now the "free WOW" servers are the next "big" thing. I don't think any "industry professional" would have any interest or need to work with these kind of projects. And the wiki quote is a bit misleading, the only way to pretty much join the free shards was to go around it a bit and force it to connect into a different server instead of the UO's own server.

And thus all free shard players were pretty much breaking the EULA and none of them cared because they were playing on the free servers and not on the "pay as you go" UO servers. No account to ban so nothing to loose.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 12:22:33 PM by skyy » Logged

Falmil
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2010, 12:24:19 PM »

Seems like the best way to argue your legitimacy and seriousness would be to answer questions or give explanations instead of mocking skeptics with poorly written paragraphs while extolling the status of your own "company". Nobody likes to get burned by trying to join a project only to find out its being run by people without any knowledge or experience who eventually quit because it turned out to be harder than they thought. I actually thought you may have been for real until you turned on troll-mode after your initial posting.
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2010, 12:41:55 PM »

i think they're for real -- it's just that there are a lot of idiot company heads out there. i know a person who once worked for a large 'health foods' company with hundreds of thousands of customers and the president could barely spell and acted like a troll all the time. and think of sandy of yoyo games, the way he writes and acts (like a 13-year-old). you'd expect people with respectable positions to act respectably, but that's not always the case.

moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2010, 01:12:24 PM »

Roule #1 of succesful business devellopment is:
Our you ready to apply boots to the backs?

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Sos
Level 8

I make bad games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2010, 01:44:35 PM »

Ahh, the good old "see, I got your attention!" ruse... These people are always the same.

EDIT: Awww, Sos, post the funny stuff! Beg

Ahh, what the hell...
Here you go!

ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2010, 02:32:53 PM »

our you man enough to make a game maker game with flappers?

drChengele
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2010, 02:37:38 PM »

(aimed at the previous 4-6 posts in general)

Oh wow, you guys are EVIL  Cool. And here I was concerned I went overboard in that other thread.

Praetor
Skofo
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2010, 03:53:32 PM »

Tears of Joy

If you wish to make a video game from scratch, you must first invent the universe.
pgil
« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2010, 04:49:21 PM »

Aw why did they ban this guy? I wanted to see how far this shit could go.
LemonScented
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2010, 05:09:59 PM »

This was good for a giggle. He Combined the website design skills, spurious grasp of facts and total lack of back catalogue made famous by a certain Dr. Langdell, with just a dash of the self-made legend of MDickie (although to be fair to MDickie, he actually makes/made games). Amusing troll could have been amusing. Not to worry.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic