Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411500 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 11:57:54 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsHiddenThe DromeValley of the DeadUnpaid WorkSerious indie RPG lookng for a 2D artist
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Serious indie RPG lookng for a 2D artist  (Read 1613 times)
Styg
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: March 17, 2010, 12:52:41 PM »

Project name:
Timelapse Vertigo

Brief description:
Timelapse Vertigo is an 2D isometric role-playing game, I've been working on for quite some time now. It draws inspiration from western RPG classics such as Fallout, Arcanum and Neverwinter Nights.

The main features are:
-    Rich character customization options through stats, skills, feats, gear, implants, psi abilities and more.
-    Dynamic and challenging real-time combat with many special abilities
-    Procedurally generated areas as well as procedurally generated world map that, coupled with well designed custom areas, should provide great exploration experience and replay value

Story:
The game is set in a distant future, when the life on the Earth's surface has long since been made impossible and the remnants of humanity now dwell in the Underrail, a vast system of metro station-states that, it seems, are the last bastions of a fading race.

The player takes control of one of the denizens of such a station-state whose life is about to become all that much more interesting and dangerous, as our protagonist is caught amidst the conflicting factions of the Underrail as they secretly but violently struggle for the Humanity's last gem of hope.

Target aim:
Self-published shareware. Possibly some game portals.

Compensation:
Team members would receive percentage of revenues, based on the amount of work put in. Do not expect any short term payment.

Technology:
The engine is built in Microsoft XNA. Targeted system is Microsoft Windows (XP, Vista, 7).

Talent needed:
One or eventually two 2D graphics artists. Ideally, I would like to partner up with someone who would also be willing to help me determine graphical style and work with me on designing this game graphics-wise. But if you prefer working by detailed specifications, you are welcome to apply as well.

Graphics that will be required of you:
-    isometric tiles (96x48)
-    Animated sprites (humans, insectoids, robots) (~50x100)
-    Various isometric objects: walls, doors, furniture, etc
-    Item and spell icons (33x33)
-    effects (projectiles, explosions, fire, acid splashes, smoke, etc)

Graphics that you could also do, but is not required:
-    concept art
-    character portraits (100x100)

One thing I should mention, however, is that this is a serious long term project, which I really do plan on making a commercial title in the end. For that reason I require a certain amount of dedication and focus from you (maturity goes without saying). I'm not expecting you to quit your job to work on this, but if you are only looking for weekend pastime, this is not a project for you.

On the other hand, if you are looking to break into industry and are enthusiastic about game making, as well as hard working - this is the perfect project for you. Smiley

There might be more positions available later. Feel free to check the web-site from time to time.

Team structure:
Styg (me) - game design, programming, art, website administration, etc. I have 3 years of experience as a professional programmer (and plenty more as self-taught amateur). I work in banking software industry on things such as SOA, DB and integration, but I have passion for game and game making, so in my spare time I work dedicatedly on this project and plan my steps to make indie game development my fulltime job.

www.timelapsevertigo.com

Contacts:
[email protected]

Additional Info:
If you have some questions/proposals/feedback regarding this projects, feel free to contact me on the e-mail specified above.

The game is playable at this moment, but does not have much content to it. I've created a demo video you can watch on YouTube:

or download high-res one from here.

You get to laugh at my rusty verbal English. Smiley

Also, have some screenshots.

Sos
Level 8

I make bad games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2010, 02:34:49 PM »

Actually, pretty serious. Unfortunately I can't draw, but I can make music if you need some Smiley

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic