Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411491 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 04:14:26 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperTechnical (Moderator: ThemsAllTook)Most portable development toolset?
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: Most portable development toolset?  (Read 11766 times)
raigan
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2008, 03:19:06 PM »

man, that SUCKS!
dustin
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2008, 08:53:45 PM »

man, that SUCKS!

I agree but only because it seems to not be open source. why is it not open source? Then you could just go in change the one variable to public, recompile and see what happens!
iarwain
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: April 07, 2008, 09:18:25 PM »

man, that SUCKS!

I agree but only because it seems to not be open source. why is it not open source? Then you could just go in change the one variable to public, recompile and see what happens!

I'm sorry I may not have been clear on this point. SFML is completely free/open (zlib license).
I can easily add the accessor, it's just that I don't distribute a binary of a game but sources of my engine (and sometimes also binaries for different plaftorms).

That means I'd also have to distribute the altered version of SFML with it which is something I don't want.
Orx plugins use many different libraries and I want it to compile with default external library dependencies/settings, that's all. =)

I do think SFML is a great library even if still young. It's getting better every day. It was a minor complaint sorry if it sounded really bad. Smiley
dustin
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 07, 2008, 09:42:05 PM »

oh ok well then I withdraw my statement Smiley
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic