Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 12:37:18 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsHiddenThe DromeValley of the DeadUnpaid WorkNeed artist for card game engine.
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Need artist for card game engine.  (Read 2010 times)
blakeleftwich
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: March 17, 2010, 06:25:18 PM »

Here is a link to the game as it stands so far:
http://salutegames.com/md

This is a simple card game engine created with Actionscript 3.0 in Flash. This is an unpaid project but I am researching the possibility of releasing it on iPhone, Steam or Facebook and if we could find a way to monetize it-you would be compensated based on the revenue it generates.

I see this at least as a portfolio blip.

The game currently has 2 games and I plan to expand that to at least a total of five including games in the style of minesweeper, simon, bejeweled and blackjack. I have a lot more ideas but in the interest of realism, time, scope, etc. those five games would create a fun package.

Art assets needed would be the cards, UI elements and backgrounds. I would love to include the ability to customize graphics somewhat but will leave that on the back-burner for now. I just need at least one great looking menu background, top and bottom "bars", set of buttons, game logo(s) and the cards. Obviously the card art is the toughest part. Cards will vary in shape and size as well.

I can answer more questions if anyone is interested. Please let me know. I am also interested in ANY feedback, criticism, feature ideas, etc. Thanks!
Skofo
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2010, 07:00:04 PM »

Your game called me a knucklehead for not having psychic poweeeers! Cry

If you wish to make a video game from scratch, you must first invent the universe.
J. R. Hill
Level 10

hi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2010, 09:38:36 PM »

Is there any style in particular that you're looking for?  I know commercial puzzle games usually either go for "bright and round" or "subtle and realistic" these days...

hi
blakeleftwich
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2010, 06:45:08 AM »

Your game called me a knucklehead for not having psychic poweeeers! Cry

Haha. Yes that rank and comment system I put in there because I was bored one day-it may not stay in the final version. But I like that its so hard on you!

P.S. The best rank you can get is "Patient Genius". Your rank displays automatically after clearing a screen. Let me know if you become a Patient Genius.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 07:05:52 AM by karnov » Logged
blakeleftwich
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2010, 06:58:37 AM »

Is there any style in particular that you're looking for?  I know commercial puzzle games usually either go for "bright and round" or "subtle and realistic" these days...

I am willing to let the artist decide as long as it's good quality. Whatever you are most comfortable with. I will tell you that the original concept was that this is a magic deck of cards found in an old wizard's den. Imagine the look of an old storybook with castles, dragons, mythical creatures, constellations, etc. Perhaps this will inspire you. I wanted to call the game something like "Wizard's Deck" or "Mysterious Magic Deck" but I believe after some brainstorming that it will be called "5 Games Everybody Loves". I know this isn't as cool to us-the core gamers and developers-but I think it is more appealing to a broader audience. That said I am open to any and all suggestions. Bottom line-artist has full creative freedom.

Please send ideas and examples to the email in my profile, or screens of games that fit the style you are thinking about. Feel free to ask more questions here as well!

addendum: JR Hill, I checked out timeforcute.com. It looks phenomenal, particularly-The Tale of the Timid Bee strip! I would love to see any mock-ups of cards or UI graphics you have in mind! Please contact me if you are interested.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 08:45:37 AM by karnov » Logged
J. R. Hill
Level 10

hi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2010, 11:22:38 AM »

I'd like to but I'm busy with at least 3 other projects (that I can remember) and pretty soon I'm going to be going on a trip for a few weeks so the first time I'd really be able to start putting some work into it would be around April 10.

P.S. I usually get Patient Genius after two games, but only after clearing the game (sometimes even after I get up to 11 or 12 misses).  It just says brilliant and knucklehead otherwise.

hi
blakeleftwich
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2010, 11:55:58 AM »

I'd like to but I'm busy with at least 3 other projects (that I can remember) and pretty soon I'm going to be going on a trip for a few weeks so the first time I'd really be able to start putting some work into it would be around April 10.

P.S. I usually get Patient Genius after two games, but only after clearing the game (sometimes even after I get up to 11 or 12 misses).  It just says brilliant and knucklehead otherwise.

Haha, thanks for playing the game! Please get back to me on April 10th, if the game doesn't have an artist-we'll pick up where we left off. Thanks!

Anyone else interested?
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic